Indiana High School Football (2023)

Up here in NE Indiana…

- As previously mentioned, FW Bishop Luers beats Bluffton 15-7.

-Leo stomps previously undefeated Mississinewa 41-7.

- In one of only two games last night between undefeated teams, Adams Central shuts out Carroll (Flora) 23-0.

- And in the most exciting finish of the night, FW Snider beats Mishawaka 19-18 on a walk off 45 yard field goal.

Two SAC teams and a FW suburban team move on to the semi-state. Not too shabby.

• Like 5

Memorial’s Outlook for 2024 should be interesting, offense returns close to 9-10 starters and the Defense returns around 7 starters. Add with some of the linemen projected to be buffing up over the next 6-7 months and everyone getting bigger. Memorial will be one of the favorites for the SIAC and could make a deep run in 4A if the pieces mold together 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Told y'all East Central is the real deal. 

It's sad, and I'm being a bad fan, but I always hope SC loses in sectional before they have to play East Central.  I feel better losing by 14 to Martinsville than i would by going to a running clock early in the 2Q and ultimately losing by 60 to East Central.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's sad, and I'm being a bad fan, but I always hope SC loses in sectional before they have to play East Central.  I feel better losing by 14 to Martinsville than i would by going to a running clock early in the 2Q and ultimately losing by 60 to East Central.

EC gunna be 5A next year. Success factor 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

EC gunna be 5A next year. Success factor 

The downside to that is that the subsequent sectional realignment could bump SC west into a sectional with the Evansville schools.  

There are literally no other 4A schools within an hour of SC, making us the perfect swing candidate every time realignment happens.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The downside to that is that the subsequent sectional realignment could bump SC west into a sectional with the Evansville schools.  

There are literally no other 4A schools within an hour of SC, making us the perfect swing candidate every time realignment happens.

Yes, that hasn't happened often though. Jasper, Northview being 4A helps. 

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Forgot them too. 

Final enrollment numbers will ultimately play a part in alignment.  For example, Edgewood is right on the 4A/3A line, and is currently in Sectional 23 with SC.  

However, in addition to East Central moving up, the following will/could happen.

FW Dwenger is eligible to drop down from 5A based on no longer qualifying for success factor.  Does their re-entry push  South?  Or West?

And, probably even more impactful to the South 4A sectionals is whether E. Reitz chooses to drop back down to 3A as allowed, or do they want to stay in 4A?  They choose 3A and someone (Northview or SC being the most logical) has to fill the spot.

Edited by 5fouls

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Final enrollment numbers will ultimately play a part in alignment.  For example, Edgewood is right on the 4A/3A line, and is currently in Sectional 23 with SC.  

However, in addition to East Central moving up, the following will/could happen.

FW Dwenger is eligible to drop down from 5A based on no longer qualifying for success factor.  Does their re-entry push  South?  Or West?

And, probably even more impactful to the South 4A sectionals is whether E. Reitz chooses to drop back down to 3A as allowed, or do they want to stay in 4A?  They choose 3A and someone (Northview or SC being the most logical) has to fill the spot.

I think you mean Memorial, but they can't move down because of their success in 4A. 

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  You're right.  Have to be careful when differentiating between Reitz and Reitz Memorial. I've made that mistake before.

Yes, very annoying... and ones private and one isn't. Weird. Anyways... I am pretty sure Reitz Memorial has accumulated enough points in 4A to stay in 4A for at least the next two years. 

Edited by btownqb

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One of you guys give me the quick version of success factor. Does that mean if a team wins in lower classes they automatically get bumped up the following year and if so for how long?

2 year cycles

Have to "earn" 6 points in 2 years to move up for success factor... 

State title- 4pts 

Semi state title- 3pts 

Regional- 2pts 

-----------------------

In Evansville Memorials case... they're bumped up to 4A because of success factor.. but they will REMAIN in 4A because of they've accumulated enough points in 4A to stay... which, I think is maybe 4 points in two years? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

2 year cycles

Have to "earn" 6 points in 2 years to move up for success factor... 

State title- 4pts 

Semi state title- 3pts 

Regional- 2pts 

-----------------------

In Evansville Memorials case... they're bumped up to 4A because of success factor.. but they will REMAIN in 4A because of they've accumulated enough points in 4A to stay... which, I think is maybe 4 points in two years? 

Maybe it's just me but I love this stuff. I wish my home state of Illinois would adopt a system like this. There are stacked teams throughout the state at 3A who are Catholic schools who never face an opponent they can't beat because of recruiting. Like that Indiana does this.