Wisconsin Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

5 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Hoping for the best, but a monumental challenge. Amazing how much this matchup has completely flipped during my lifetime from automatic W for us to auto W for them. A tale of two programs going in diametrically opposed directions.

I've been up here during the changeover.  Saw the 1981 and 1987 Indiana NCAA championship teams play in the old Wisconsin barn.  Attendance was usually around 5,000.  You could buy great tickets an hour before the game, face value.

If Wisconsin was ever ahead, even by 10 points, people would say "This is Indiana, they'll come back and win."   And they did.

Then it changed.  Now if IU is ahead in the 17,000 capacity sold out Kohl Center, someone in our row will say "Ha, this is only Indiana.  Wisconsin will come back and win."  And they do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Madison22 said:

I've been up here during the changeover.  Saw the 1981 and 1987 Indiana NCAA championship teams play in the old Wisconsin barn.  Attendance was usually around 5,000.  You could buy great tickets an hour before the game, face value.

If Wisconsin was ever ahead, even by 10 points, people would say "This is Indiana, they'll come back and win."   And they did.

Then it changed.  Now if IU is ahead in the 17,000 capacity sold out Kohl Center, someone in our row will say "Ha, this is only Indiana.  Wisconsin will come back and win."  And they do.

I was fortunate enough to see a game (not IU) in the barn. UW vs. Providence pre-B1G in the mid to late 90s. Providence won under P. Guillen, destined for Xavier. If memory serves, Providence made the Elite 8 in whatever specific year that was behind God Shamgod, Austin Croshere, and Jamel Holloway. Also saw the UW-MSU final 4 game down here in the RCA Dome. My Madison, WI connections are strong through my better half.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I was there late 80’s-mid 90’s. Got to see Calbert led Hoosiers pound Wisconsin from 3 rows behind the Badgers’ bench

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

I was fortunate enough to see a game (not IU) in the barn. UW vs. Providence pre-B1G in the mid to late 90s. Providence won under P. Guillen, destined for Xavier. If memory serves, Providence made the Elite 8 in whatever specific year that was behind God Shamgod, Austin Croshere, and Jamel Holloway. Also saw the UW-MSU final 4 game down here in the RCA Dome. My Madison, WI connections are strong through my better half.

This team sure could use a Austin Croshere.

• Like 2