Minnesota Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I actually look at it different. He's in his spots but some other guys are floating to their cuts vs cutting hard. Just my two cents.

He’s been sloppy with the ball, not great on defense, taken some questionable shots( mainly 1), gambling for no reason, and almost fouled the guy on the half court heave to end the corner. He hasn’t been good.

Edited by DC2345

What a horrible first half and the team from the last 3 games did not show up tonight. We had no energy or intensity in the first half and slept walk through the first hf. Luckily we are playing a horrible team and still.have the lead. 

Just don't understand how that Galloway, Bates and Geronimo are no shows on the road.  Galloway can hit the 3 at home but on the road he misses 3 wide open 3's

We have to stop fouling guys 30 feet from the basket and realize the refs are calling the ticky tac fouls.

• Like 1

🤢🤮

So positive....we are up 3 and get the ball to start second half.

Negative...we still don't look like we know how to attack a zone.  And this isn't some Syracuse special, it looked like a pretty pedestrian/weak 2-3 to me.  Worst of all, team doesn't look like they have the same pep in their step as the last 3 games.  

Losing this game would be a capital D Disaster.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

No, they played harder.  the team that plays hard makes their own breaks.  

You're not wrong, but when you rebound it while you're choke holding your teammate because it falls right into your hands and your one-armed push shot goes in, luck is also on your side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

🤢🤮

So positive....we are up 3 and get the ball to start second half.

Negative...we still don't look like we know how to attack a zone.  And this isn't some Syracuse special, it looked like a pretty pedestrian/weak 2-3 to me.  Worst of all, team doesn't look like they have the same pep in their step as the last 3 games.  

Losing this game would be a capital D Disaster.

Probably like us fans see that the Gophers have only 7 players available and thought this would be easy. Wonder if there is any pact on Woodson not being there tonight 

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We are fine.... Seems to be too many coaches on the bench tonight. At one point they were all up yelling different things. Woody was missed in that half.

Very true, seem discombobulated over there. But we can’t use that excuse. Way more talented. Outhustle, outwork them and we win by 15. 

Ramberg doing his best Falzone ( from NW a few years ago) imitation. 

There’s always a guy who goes off against IU who hasn’t done anything all year or blah blah.

Kids seem to be feeling the pressure of this being a must win game. Shots rushed, ball looks slippery. 

Normally I am against a Big bringing the ball up since Hollowell during the FCTC “point forward” days. But, I have a different spin tonight. Trayce is our Senior All American Captain and seems to be wanting to will IU to a win. Couldn’t trust some of the guys to do anything, so he brought it up himself. I hope his leadership and will will help preserve this game, it’s not a must win, necessarily,but it IS a game we can’t afford to lose. 
Hopefully, we will finish this one out. I don’t want to go back to the ledge with the bandwagon fans after a late night loss. ;)

Edited by Rev_AK
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Probably like us fans see that the Gophers have only 7 players available and thought this would be easy. Wonder if there is any pact on Woodson not being there tonight 

I have learned over the past 20 years that nothing that should go easy for this program ever does.

Just now, Rev_AK said:

Ramberg doing his best Falzone ( from NW a few years ago) imitation. 

There’s always a guy who goes off against IU who hasn’t done anything all year or blah blah.

Kids seem to be feeling the pressure of this being a must win game. Shots rushed, ball looks slippery. 

Normally I am against a Big bringing the ball up since Hollowell during the FCTC “point forward” days. But, I have a different spin tonight. Trayce is our Senior All American Captain and seems to be wanting to will IU to a win. Couldn’t trust some of the guys to do anything, so he brought it up himself. I hope his leadership and will will help preserve this game, it’s not a must win, but it IS a game we can’t afford to lose. 
Hopefully, we will finish this one out. I don’t want to go back to the ledge with the bandwagon fans after a late night loss. ;)

Trayce also missed his fair share of bunnies. Certainly not without fault.

• Like 1