Iowa Post game

ButlerHoosier

I’ve waited to even come on.

I’m not sure what better things the team (in whole) wanted to be doing tonight, but it better have been dang good. Fran just came in your house, pissed on your pillows, kicked your dog, and made love to your wife, while you made him an omelette. Then washed his car for him. 
embarrassing doesn’t even scratch the surface. I feel sorry for Hummel even have to try and find something to say during that lethargic mess. GD!  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I’ve waited to even come on.

I’m not sure what better things the team (in whole) wanted to be doing tonight, but it better have been dang good. Fran just came in your house, pissed on your pillows, kicked your dog, and made love to your wife, while you made him an omelette. Then washed his car for him. 
embarrassing doesn’t even scratch the surface. I feel sorry for Hummel even have to try and find something to say during that lethargic mess. GD!  

Couldn’t have said it any better

• Like 2

Embarrassing? And I’m not embarrassed about the offense. Sometimes you can’t make shots. I’m embarrassed about the D. How can it be that bad this late in the season? How can Jalen get beat three times IN A ROW? How can Iowa get open three after open three without an adjustment? How can our basketball IQ on that end of the floor still be so bad?

First in-person game I’ve watched this year and curb stomped. 😡 I’ve said it a thousand times but we just aren’t good enough to win multiple games in a row bc some team will “volume” us with threes and we’re screwed. We HAVE to have a more balanced offense moving forward. Have to make threes in today’s game to win 95% of the time.

Guess a 3 is still possible if we beat UM and win the BTT, but I’d say we’re more likely to lose in the quarters of the BTT and end up a 6. Don’t think the seeding really matters at this point, whether we’re a 3,4,5, or 6. 

• Like 6

someone mentioned it, but look at our really bad loses, Arizona, Kansas, Iowa (can't include Penn St. in this analysis, that was just bad). All of those teams run a motion offense that we could not contain.  Don't know what that says about Coach Woodson's defensive scheme. Seems like he is going to have to try something different next year.

• Like 1

I find a little comfort in this comparison with the 1987 National Championship team. Yes, they were 30-4, but they lost the last 2 out of three game of the big ten season. They beat Ohio St. at home for the last game of the BIGTEN season. There was no BIGTEN tournament back then. 
Here’s to hoping we can play like that ‘87 team late in the season!

05A06B0E-908B-407D-A8A9-33F1EA25B3C5.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MSHoosier said:

someone mentioned it, but look at our really bad loses, Arizona, Kansas, Iowa (can't include Penn St. in this analysis, that was just bad). All of those teams run a motion offense that we could not contain.  Don't know what that says about Coach Woodson's defensive scheme. Seems like he is going to have to try something different next year.

Maybe be willing to go zone occasionally, or don’t switch 100% of the time?. Learn to hedge properly?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Embarrassing? And I’m not embarrassed about the offense. Sometimes you can’t make shots. I’m embarrassed about the D. How can it be that bad this late in the season? How can Jalen get beat three times IN A ROW? How can Iowa get open three after open three without an adjustment? How can our basketball IQ on that end of the floor still be so bad?

First in-person game I’ve watched this year and curb stomped. 😡 I’ve said it a thousand times but we just aren’t good enough to win multiple games in a row bc some team will “volume” us with threes and we’re screwed. We HAVE to have a more balanced offense moving forward. Have to make threes in today’s game to win 95% of the time.

Guess a 3 is still possible if we beat UM and win the BTT, but I’d say we’re more likely to lose in the quarters of the BTT and end up a 6. Don’t think the seeding really matters at this point, whether we’re a 3,4,5, or 6. 

All the respect in the world but we won 8 of 9 post Penn St volume of 3 game. Unless 8 of 9 isn't multiple games. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I find a little comfort in this comparison with the 1987 National Championship team. Yes, they were 30-4, but they lost the last 2 out of three game of the big ten season. They beat Ohio St. at home for the last game of the BIGTEN season. There was no BIGTEN tournament back then. 
Here’s to hoping we can play like that ‘87 team late in the season!

05A06B0E-908B-407D-A8A9-33F1EA25B3C5.jpeg

Not to piss on your pillow (thanks for that one @Joe_Hoopsier), but Those losses were on the road against ranked team. We just lost by 20 at home to Douche McCaffrey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Not to piss on your pillow (thanks for that one @Joe_Hoopsier), but Those losses were on the road against ranked team. We just lost by 20 at home to Douche McCaffrey. 

I know that…

My intention and obscure comparison is they played poorly, even to those two ranked teams on the road. I still remember to this day how pissed Coach Knight was for those two losses late in the season. Something clicked after those losses. 

17 minutes ago, madmax said:

Watched sectional basketball tonight. Had a sinking feeling that we were going to lose all night. Had no reception but heard we were down bad. Honestly glad I didn’t waste the time.

Yep, that’s where we should have been instead of watching the IU game.

My team beat BNL 72-71 in overtime.

No excuse to lose at home to Iowa.  The team is a lock for the tournament, but are still playing for favorable seeding.  Just getting there isn't enough.  Need to be in a position to win a couple games and being in the 5/12 matchup is not the way to do that.  This was like the Penn State game, but worse since this was at home.   They cannot allow another performance like this on senior day.  Can't let TJD go out like that in his last home game.   Plenty of time between now and Sunday to get everyone back on the same page and rested up physically and mentally.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All the respect in the world but we won 8 of 9 post Penn St volume of 3 game. Unless 8 of 9 isn't multiple games. 

You’re right…. really speaking more to not being able to win 6 in the tournament against quality competition. But you are correct in that we went on a nice little streak. With that said. That included a really poor game at Minny and a non competitive game at MD. Not sure Minny should count, but to their defense, good teams find a way to win when they play poorly. We just can’t seem to find some consistency. 

• Like 2