B1G Tournament Thread

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If OSU can keep all of their freshman class together next year they will be a top team in the league.

I don't think Sensabaugh is back, but Thornton, Gayle, and Okpara isn't a bad foundation... Plus the have the 6th ranked incoming class nationally, and 2nd in the Big 10.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think Sensabaugh is back, but Thornton, Gayle, and Okpara isn't a bad foundation... Plus the have the 6th ranked incoming class nationally, and 2nd in the Big 10.

Funny 3 weeks ago the talk was that Holtman was on the hot seat and players will be leaving 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Funny 3 weeks ago the talk was that Holtman was on the hot seat and players will be leaving 

I think when a team loses 14 of 15, particularly a team that had high expectations, that's kinda par for the course, isn't it?

Even Bardo said something about the dysfunction during today's game... 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We have had this on going discussion about the Bucks for a while now.  tOSU only had 1 selfish player on the court today.  Sueing was one of the reasons they won.  Normally he would be a reason they lost.  But honestly he and Sensabaugh have both looked unselfish these past few weeks.  

You can have dysfunctional teams that win games. Competent and cohesive teams that lose. It's important to take post-season 'runs' with a grain of salt. The rose colored glasses often mask red flags.

That said, and specifically speaking on Holtmann, I don't think he's a bad coach at all. Were there really bad things going on behind the curtains, or is the hot seat strictly related to W/Ls?

(Of course, as a rival fan I enjoy when any other B1G team has a tough season, cause Lord knows we've experienced far too many recently ourselves.) 

19 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

You can have dysfunctional teams that win games. Competent and cohesive teams that lose. It's important to take post-season 'runs' with a grain of salt. The rose colored glasses often mask red flags.

That said, and specifically speaking on Holtmann, I don't think he's a bad coach at all. Were there really bad things going on behind the curtains, or is the hot seat strictly related to W/Ls?

(Of course, as a rival fan I enjoy when any other B1G team has a tough season, cause Lord knows we've experienced far too many recently ourselves.) 

I have been perusing their board for most of the B1G season.  I would say a major majority of Buck fans thought they had a FF type team.  Then the losing streak started.  Things got magnified from there on out.  There were certain things Holtmann could be questioned on(the team captain issue).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I have been perusing their board for most of the B1G season.  I would say a major majority of Buck fans thought they had a FF type team.  Then the losing streak started.  Things got magnified from there on out.  There were certain things Holtmann could be questioned on(the team captain issue).

Could you imagine this board if we'd have lost 14 of 15?

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3