B1G Tournament Thread

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So if OSU would win the BTT, do they let 10 Big 10 teams in? 

I'm probably wrong (wouldn't be the first or last time) but I think we'll be lucky to get 6 teams in. MSU's loss didn't help them at all. And since the selection committee (supposedly) doesn't look at conf records at all, according to Chris Reynolds, I don't think it's a lock for more than 6.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DWB said:

I'm probably wrong (wouldn't be the first or last time) but I think we'll be lucky to get 6 teams in. MSU's loss didn't help them at all. And since the selection committee (supposedly) doesn't look at conf records at all, according to Chris Reynolds, I don't think it's a lock for more than 6.

As mediocre as the Big Ten is, there are literally no teams on the bubble any more worthy than those from the Big Ten.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

By contrast, Marquette and UConn are tied at 38 at the half.  Not an outstanding number of points, but I suspect it is a more entertaining game to watch.   

Just flip over to the Duke and Miami game and the difference in the game is night and day compared to this game

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DWB said:

The big ten will get 9 teams in

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

If we win tonight, I’m still not sure who I’d want to play tomorrow. I want redemption with NW, but PSU with tired legs also seems enticing. 

PSU is a 3-point shooting team. Their legs will be tired for tomorrow if they win tonight. So, I’m pulling for PSU.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DWB said:

Call me crazy, but how can Robbie Hummel say that was a tough call on Beran. He was all over the PSU guy. He actually fouled him Twice.

There was a game yesterday where he said he didn't understand why a foul was called because the defender had his arm on the guy, but nothing more.