B1G Tournament Thread

8 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

It’s a term Bill Raftery uses. He can’t say “balls” on national tv, like a guy has the balls to take and make a big shot, so he calls them onions.

I've always heard onions used in the context of movies or stories that can make someone cry. 

Bill lacks some creativity there with all the varieties of nuts to choose from.  He could say walnuts, pecans, almonds, coconuts, acorns ect.  

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've always heard onions used in the context of movies or stories that can make someone cry. 

Bill lacks some creativity there with all the varieties of nuts to choose from.  He could say walnuts, pecans, almonds, coconuts, acorns ect.  

Brazil nuts?

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Raftery also says "Lingerie on the deck!" another stretch implying "faked him out of his jockstrap."

I've seen a few ladies in lingerie, but have never yet seen one in a jockstrap... 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Raftery also says "Lingerie on the deck!" another stretch implying "faked him out of his jockstrap."

I've seen a few ladies in lingerie, but have never yet seen one in a jockstrap... 😁

Who's the clown that says whirling dervish all the time like he's trying to be the next Keith Jackson?  Annoys the crap out of me.

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Who's the clown that says whirling dervish all the time like he's trying to be the next Keith Jackson?  Annoys the crap out of me.

I've heard Bardo say it, but he's an analyst, not play by play...

He has his own set of "Bardoisms." 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Way OT, but speaking of jocks I watched "Jackass Fovever" last evening for some comic relief.  Boy, they were heavily invested in jocks and what goes in them in this one. 😳

6 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Way OT, but speaking of jocks I watched "Jackass Fovever" last evening for some comic relief.  Boy, they were heavily invested in jocks and what goes in them in this one. 😳

I got as far as them trying to light Steve-O's fart. I guess I have matured since the earlier ones. 

On YouTube they have the jackass celebrity family fued clip which was pretty good. 

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I got as far as them trying to light Steve-O's fart. I guess I have matured since the earlier ones. 

On YouTube they have the jackass celebrity family fued clip which was pretty good. 

I refuse to acknowledge any maturity.  I think they ran out of ideas and wanted to push the envelope.  The previous movies were funnier without being so genital focused.  That said, weiner-bees...yikes!

• Like 1