B1G Tournament Thread

Personally I think 3 games in 3 days will be brutal for us. Roster rotation could play a very big key in keeping the legs reasonably fresh for the long haul.

Which means Malik, JG, Banks, Bates, and even Gunn are going to need to play significant minutes, and not be a liability. JHS, TJD, Kopp can't go 40  minutes for 3 games straight (JHS played 40 minutes I believe against UM). And guys need more than a minute or two of blow.

Our bench has been underwhelming for the past few weeks. Not sure how Woody will get them to play better and for longer, but these are a few of the concerns I have.

• Like 1

If we win our game gets over at 11-11:30 pm probably and we we play 25 mins after the noon game the next day ends.  Either gonna be loose or tired AF. 

outside of Minnesota I could really see anyone beating anyone. I like our games and path to get there, but wouldn’t surprise me in the least to win the tourney or lost by 10 to anyone. 

• Like 3

Game 1: No. 13 Ohio State vs. No. 12 Wisconsin

The only meeting between Bucky and The Bucknuts ( :D  ) was a 5 point Wisconsin win in Columbus. It was OSU's 3 straight loss in what would grow to a 9 game losing streak...

But I'm gonna pick Ohio State here

Game 2: No. 14 Minnesota vs. No. 11 Nebraska

Nebraska won both meetings with Minnesota winning by 2 in OT at The Barn, and winning by 11 at home...

Au Revior, Gophers...

Edited by IUFLA

I hope osu wins ( and they are my least favorite big ten team) just so wisky gets bounced from big dance. I want them all to sweat it. That OOC win over Marquette is keeping their hopes alive. I want a few teams to bust some shit up so they don’t make it. 

I like how msu is playing it they have looked bad against Purdue this year. Bad matchup for them. I wanna say I like us on the bottom half, but then I remember the middle 20 minutes of the game yesterday and it clouds my judgement lol. 

This looks to be a fantastic tournament. I expect a lot of hard fought close games and exciting finishes. I think IUs toughness as evidenced in some of our close wins will be beneficial. With our high seed, I'm more interested in this years BTT than I have been for many years. Add to that, it is in Chicago and I had to get tickets. I'll be there Friday night. As soon as we solidified a Fri night game, I got my tickets. With the prospect of IL vs NW in the 5:30 game, I imagine Fri night will be one the hottest sessions for ticket prices. I just checked and a comparable ticket is up about 50% from when I bought on Sun. $200+ to get on to the 100 level today. Anyone else plan on attending?

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Reacher said:

This looks to be a fantastic tournament. I expect a lot of hard fought close games and exciting finishes. I think IUs toughness as evidenced in some of our close wins will be beneficial. With our high seed, I'm more interested in this years BTT than I have been for many years. Add to that, it is in Chicago and I had to get tickets. I'll be there Friday night. As soon as we solidified a Fri night game, I got my tickets. With the prospect of IL vs NW in the 5:30 game, I imagine Fri night will be one the hottest sessions for ticket prices. I just checked and a comparable ticket is up about 50% from when I bought on Sun. $200+ to get on to the 100 level today. Anyone else plan on attending?

Have a crew of 12 going. Some are going to certain sessions, some to all,etc....honestly depends on what happens on Thursday with some. Have a few Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin grads so how they do early depends on who will be joining us Friday night. We arrive in town Thursday afternoon. BAC should be a solid .11 for 3 straight days between hoops, cards, going out to watch games,etc....

We do this every year in host city. All childhood friends dating back 40 years. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

The B1GT isn't the end-all-be-all, but it would be nice to win it at least once in our lifetimes.

I still have PTSD from Recker's Iowa win.

Would love to go:

W - Maryland

W - Northwestern

W - Iowa in the Championship game

I actually think there is a good chance that Nebraska will be our first opponent 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If a team is a lock for the NCAAT, the two best scenarios are either win the BTT (only for the players’ legacy) or lose the first game. Anything in between is bad. Losing the championship game is worst possible scenario. 

I REALLY want to agree with this, but...something in my gut tells me (as a coach) you're sending the wrong message to the team. If anybody would do what you're suggesting it would be Knight. (and maybe me and you)

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If a team is a lock for the NCAAT, the two best scenarios are either win the BTT (only for the players’ legacy) or lose the first game. Anything in between is bad. Losing the championship game is worst possible scenario. 

I see what you’re saying, but this teams goal is to not lose another game. Period

Just now, DWB said:

I REALLY want to agree with this, but...something in my gut tells me (as a coach) you're sending the wrong message to the team. If anybody would do what you're suggesting it would be Knight. (and maybe me and you)

Not saying it should be the approach from the coaching staff or players. They should try to win every game. Just being pragmatic. 

• Like 1