The non-IU National Tournament thread…

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just reminded of how many 1 seeds just run into a bad matchup. We did vs Cuse and did it vs Duke. Both Bama and Houston are just running into matchups that are causing them problems. Happens every year.

For the trivia folks would this be the earliest all 1 seeds are eliminated?

It would at least tie the earliest exit.  But, I think it might actually break it, at least in the 64 team era.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

The more and more I watch these Sweet Sixteen games it's clear to me that IU needs somewhat of a roster overhaul. The good news is that it sounds like Mike Woodson recognizes that. 

TJD and even JHS hid a lot in terms of how far off IU is athletically and in terms of having multiple multi-skilled players. 

Of then IU had the two best or two of the top 3-4 players in every game. But these teams in the Sweet Sixteen and advancing to the Elite 8 have so much more skill and athleticism from guys 3-9. 

They have multiple guys that make plays with the ball, create shots, get to the rim, etc., etc. They have numerous guys at the guard and wings that are multi-skilled, where most of IU's guys were one-dimensional. 

Of course, having XJ would have changed some of that. But we really do need an overhaul on the wings and 4 spots especially. 

San Diego State's leading scorer did not even score until 3-4 minutes left in the game, yet they are going to beat #1.  Can you imagine us doing that if TJD does not score?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The more and more I watch these Sweet Sixteen games it's clear to me that IU needs somewhat of a roster overhaul. The good news is that it sounds like Mike Woodson recognizes that. 

TJD and even JHS hid a lot in terms of how far off IU is athletically and in terms of having multiple multi-skilled players. 

Of then IU had the two best or two of the top 3-4 players in every game. But these teams in the Sweet Sixteen and advancing to the Elite 8 have so much more skill and athleticism from guys 3-9. 

They have multiple guys that make plays with the ball, create shots, get to the rim, etc., etc. They have numerous guys at the guard and wings that are multi-skilled, where most of IU's guys were one-dimensional. 

Of course, having XJ would have changed some of that. But we really do need an overhaul on the wings and 4 spots especially. 

110%

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

San Diego State's leading scorer did not even score until 3-4 minutes left in the game, yet they are going to beat #1.  Can you imagine us doing that if TJD does not score?  

In our defense, didn't TJD have like 2 points at halftime at Purdue? Granted Purdue is no Alabama or SDST 🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Often IU had the two best or two of the top 3-4 players in every game. But these teams in the Sweet Sixteen and advancing to the Elite 8 have so much more skill and athleticism from guys 3-9. 

I’ve been saying since Jalen and Malik showed up that they easily stood out talent wise to the point that the difference in the current players vs them was very clear.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I was getting ready to post that I hope CMW is watching and paying attention to these games. Use these as blueprints for moving forward.

All I'll say is that Miami must have one heck of a basketball program! Ladies make the Elite Eight and the Men looks like they may join them!

Oh Well.....

• Like 3