The non-IU National Tournament thread…

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I’ve been saying since Jalen and Malik showed up that they easily stood out talent wise to the point that the difference in the current players vs them was very clear.

I'm almost at the point with college basketball that I don't even care about bigs. Just get us a couple that can rebound, block shots and switch defensively, otherwise every recruit should be multi-skilled, athletic guards and wings. 

Get a Reneau and maybe one backup and then fill the roster with guys like Cupps, JHS, XJ, Banks, Newton and a couple more like Banks that can swing between the wing and the 4. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I was getting ready to post that I hope CMW is watching and paying attention to these games. Use these as blueprints for moving forward.

All I'll say is that Miami must have one heck of a basketball program! Ladies make the Elite Eight and the Men looks like they may join them!

Oh Well.....

Has to be easy to recruit... like LA in 60-70's

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm almost at the point with college basketball that I don't even care about bigs. Just get us a couple that can rebound, block shots and switch defensively, otherwise every recruit should be multi-skilled, athletic guards and wings. 

Get a Reneau and maybe one backup and then fill the roster with guys like Cupps, JHS, XJ, Banks, Newton and a couple more like Banks that can swing between the wing and the 4. 

I will go to my grave with this. The 2002 Hoosiers is the model I've always wanted. Would prefer more athletic for sure but 3-4 shooters, 2 bigs who are in and out. That's what wins in March.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I agree. Although, as long as we can shoot the ball. Like you kind of alluded, Trace covered that deficit and much more for us for 4 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I will go to my grave with this. The 2002 Hoosiers is the model I've always wanted. Would prefer more athletic for sure but 3-4 shooters, 2 bigs who are in and out. That's what wins in March.

Yeah, that 2002 team and Crean's three best teams (11-13 & 16) are the closest IU has been to this model. 

You don't need a ton of size. Crean's teams had one main big and then surrounded by athletes and shooters. 

The 2002 team had bigs that were athletic with length and then surrounded by shooters. As you said, probably needed a little more backcourt athleticism, but close. 

Creans teams had 4s like Watford and Troy Williams. Love Race Thompson but he's not a skilled, athletic enough 4 in today's game. 

This is why I'd love to see Banks develop as a 4 and bring in a few more like him. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I agree. Although, as long as we can shoot the ball. Like you kind of alluded, Trace covered that deficit and much more for us for 4 years.

Yup, that's what I mean by multi-skilled along with athletic. Not just athletes that don't bring skill. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The City of Louisville is probably praying for Creighton to win.  Can't imagine a Princeton v San Diego State regional final is going to keep too may fans in town until Sunday.  

The City of Louisville can't handle two days of proper English grammar from Princeton and Creighton students compared to the genius that attend pUKe and stripper U.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Do any college basketball statisticians keep track of Win Shares? I bet TJD would be the highest recorded In IUBB history. 

Pretty interesting, DJ White in 07-08 has the highest win share since 2000. 

Top 3 are DJ White, Zeller and then TJD. 

• Like 1