The non-IU National Tournament thread…

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll say it's the opposite reason Blue Bloods get ratings.  It's not the average fan who is not tuning in.  It's the fans of the Blue Bloods that don't watch when their team is not playing.  I know for a fact that UK fans are some of the least educated college fans out there.  And, I'm not talking about book smarts.  They just don't watch basketball if UK isn't playing.  I've worked with hundreds of them over the years, and they always ask me 'How's IU doing this year?'

I've experienced the same with Kansas fans too. They always ask me how Indiana is doing and I'm like "we played you bastards this year." 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Good luck with that because the better players will be poached. Also coach May could get another job

He will have a better chance at a championship if he stays at FAU.  It's unlikely a team capable of winning the championship will be in the market for a coach.

I know I wouldn't leave FAU for somewhere like Penn State right now.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He will have a better chance at a championship if he stays at FAU.  It's unlikely a team capable of winning the championship will be in the market for a coach.

I know I wouldn't leave FAU for somewhere like Penn State right now.  

“I’m probably one of the only college basketball coaches that is agent-less,” May said earlier this week on the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz. “It’s not much of a business for me. I just wanted to be a ball coach, and so I usually just say, ‘Hey pay me what you think I’m worth,’ and I think the school has been very fair.”

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cbp4IU said:

Florida Atlantic has to be a favorite to win it all next year. They could have just about everyone back. 

If I were an administrator at Florida St after a 9-23 year I'd be thinking hey Coach...we might need to send you into retirement and hire Dusty. 

My guess is Dusty will have plenty of suitors in coming year or two....including Miami if JL calls it a career soon too. Shoot Dusty lives 2 miles from UM. Just a little longer bike ride...

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If I were an administrator at Florida St after a 9-23 year I'd be thinking hey Coach...we might need to send you into retirement and hire Dusty. 

My guess is Dusty will have plenty of suitors in coming year or two....including Miami if JL calls it a career soon too. Shoot Dusty lives 2 miles from UM. Just a little longer bike ride...

That's fine. Would be good for him to get some P6 experience before Woody retires. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

59-54 with more than 10 minutes left.  That's a final score, or close to it, in the Big Ten.  

Great game!!  Terrific players making plays and getting up and down the floor.  Very entertaining... and not too much officiating.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1