The non-IU National Tournament thread…

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

Purdue isn't good enough to win a real national championship, so now they want to redefine what one is.

From their board:

"Then why not have 2 national champions like they do for the conference? 1 regular season and 1 tourney NC?"

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

They wouldn’t have won that either…

2051843314_laughspit.gif.38bbbd00f01050920c14c15506ffdcaf.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Purdue isn't good enough to win a real national championship, so now they want to redefine what one is.

From their board:

"Then why not have 2 national champions like they do for the conference? 1 regular season and 1 tourney NC?"

So if Edey comes back they might be ranked #1 at the start of next season...

Why not hang a "2024 Preseason National Champion" banner? 

😂😂😂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So if Edey comes back they might be ranked #1 at the start of next season...

Why not hang a "2024 Preseason National Champion" banner? 

😂😂😂

Everybody has the blue print for them now and I doubt they get another favorable BIG schedule again.  Bold prediction, even with Edey back, Purdue takes a small step back next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Madison22 said:

From their board:

And you wonder why I hangout here

orange slices & participation 🏆 😳

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Everybody has the blue print for them now and I doubt they get another favorable BIG schedule again.  Bold prediction, even with Edey back, Purdue takes a small step back next year.

Strange, we have a thread evaluating coach Woodson???? And yet as you say “Everybody has the blue print for them now”. Who figured that out? I think some of our posters need to look in the mirror!!

9 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Strange, we have a thread evaluating coach Woodson???? And yet as you say “Everybody has the blue print for them now”. Who figured that out? I think some of our posters need to look in the mirror!!

People getting all hot and bothered because of the flavor of the month.  The tournament is a fickle girlfriend.  Terri Moren's team was every bit as good as any of those Final Four teams this weekend and they had a player tweak a knee and had an off game and suddenly their year isn't as good.

Dusty May had a heck of a year.  Archie Miller and Tom Crean both did at one time too.  Chasing the sexy hire doesn't always work.  No Coach is perfect, Woody is the guy and we have put together tournament appearances.  I am really interested in what we look like next year.  There are things to like here and things to maybe improve.  Woody is the guy so that topic isn't even worth having.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

People getting all hot and bothered because of the flavor of the month.  The tournament is a fickle girlfriend.  Terri Moren's team was every bit as good as any of those Final Four teams this weekend and they had a player tweak a knee and had an off game and suddenly their year isn't as good.

Dusty May had a heck of a year.  Archie Miller and Tom Crean both did at one time too.  Chasing the sexy hire doesn't always work.  No Coach is perfect, Woody is the guy and we have put together tournament appearances.  I am really interested in what we look like next year.  There are things to like here and things to maybe improve.  Woody is the guy so that topic isn't even worth having.

Agree with most of this.  Where I'd differ is, IMO, the topic isn't worth having now.  Most of the players seem to love him and his results are trending up.  He's figured out how to beat Turdue, which is more than we can say about the last two coaches.  Maddening inconsistency of some of the players aside, I think Woody has earned a pass for now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree with most of this.  Where I'd differ is, IMO, the topic isn't worth having now.  Most of the players seem to love him and his results are trending up.  He's figured out how to beat Turdue, which is more than we can say about the last two coaches.  Maddening inconsistency of some of the players aside, I think Woody has earned a pass for now.

I agree.  Woodson is the guy.  Dusty May is in year 5 and took 4 years to get running.  Woodson came in and went to the tournament in back to back years, that hasn't been done here in awhile.  Woodson's first two years have not been perfect by any stretch of the imagination but we have seen some good things.  Time to put the coach convo to be for awhile.

We basically have NCAA free agency going right now and someone brought up replacing a Coach that had a key player go down and still managed 2nd place (tie) in conference and won a tournament game.  I think we just need to zip it with the "I wish we had XYZ as coach" stuff.  It isn't happening and serves no purpose right now.

• Like 4

On 4/2/2023 at 2:10 PM, Madison22 said:

From their board:

They would have to play all their games before January 31st to win a regular season national championship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow...that's two plus hours of my life I'll never get back.

Not a very competitive game.  Not particularly well-played.  UConn doesn't look particularly impressive tonight but is still the far superior team and is just toying with SDSU.

Sucks when a pretty unpredictable tournament yields such a snooze-fest for a championship game.

• Like 1

And now UConn has joined us with 5 titles...all since 1999.  Nice run for them.  I hope we get it figured out at some point, I'd really like to see another one.  I was 8 in 1987, I barely remember the last one.

ETA:  And is it just me or does it seem like UConn is like an opportunistic school?  They have been kind of meh, but they always seem to be ready to win one in a year like this where the "traditional" powers are all suffering from a down year?

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 2

It was a snoozer of a game... I thought at one point we'd be seeing the 5th NCAA Championship game with a 20+ point margin of victory...

1990 UNLV by 30 over Duke 

1991 Duke by 20 over the Fab 5 

1969 UCLA by 20 over Purdue in the Boilers one and only Championship game appearance 😁 

1968 UCLA by 23 over UNC