The non-IU National Tournament thread…

If you are FAU there are always a number of plays that make a difference in a one-point loss, but I thought FAU lost it on the defensive glass. I think SDSt. rebounded five misses on one trip late. Also, things get magnified, but Goldin missed three straight free throws, I think a oneandone and a two shot over the limit, when FAU could have put some distance and didn't. Also, I told my son seated right next to me that they shouldn't shoot that last shot without the buzzer going off in mid-air. They shot too early and paid the price.

• Like 2

Honestly very conflicted on who to cheer for Monday night. On one hand you have Brian Dutcher. I honestly don't know if he was ever charged or sanctioned for his Fab 5 involvement but I know he had to be in it. On the other hand Hurley just rubs me the wrong way as the whole UConn program always has.

Just know that I look at these two coaches/teams with far less talent and their playing for a title Monday. I guess that's my main gripe. The other stuff really doesn't matter anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly very conflicted on who to cheer for Monday night. On one hand you have Brian Dutcher. I honestly don't know if he was ever charged or sanctioned for his Fab 5 involvement but I know he had to be in it. On the other hand Hurley just rubs me the wrong way as the whole UConn program always has.

Just know that I look at these two coaches/teams with far less talent and their playing for a title Monday. I guess that's my main gripe. The other stuff really doesn't matter anymore.

Absolutely IU had the talent to win it all as did about 30 other teams.  Don't know if this is the future under NIL, but a lot of teams will look at this year as a lost opportunity to win a national championship.  I doubt there's been a more wide-open NCAA tournament. Ever.

• Like 2