2023 Coaching Carousel

5 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Great, another school to have to worry about recruiting against in this state.

Although I am going to commit a heresy and say that I have been completely underwhelmed by the vast majority of kids we have gotten out of Indiana for the past decade.  There are notable exceptions but man so many failures.  You can start with "The Movement" and we have had a parade of State of Indiana washouts.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Great, another school to have to worry about recruiting against in this state.

Although I am going to commit a heresy and say that I have been completely underwhelmed by the vast majority of kids we have gotten out of Indiana for the past decade.  There are notable exceptions but man so many failures.  You can start with "The Movement" and we have had a parade of State of Indiana washouts.

I think we worry too much about getting Indiana kids. Plenty of talent all over. Get the best players to fit the style and culture. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 94hoosier said:

I think we worry too much about getting Indiana kids. Plenty of talent all over. Get the best players to fit the style and culture. 

Good point. We had lot of diversity in hometowns this past roster:

Indianapolis (TJD/CJG)

Newark (JG)

Washington (XJ)

Pittsburgh (JHS)

Kansas City (TB)

Houston (MK)

Minneapolis (RT)

Miami (MR)

Atlanta (KB)

Cincinnati (LD)

That’s a lot of diversity and I am fine with it   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

To me this is a no brainer. Much closer to fertile recruiting grounds and a student body that actually will support their team. In a lot of ways Penn St hoops is what IU football was like post Mallory until Hep came calling. 

Shrewsberry is obviously a man on the move and appears to be a good coach/fine person as well. I'd rather him be out of the Big 10 so we can go back to the days of 2 easy wins vs Penn St...that's if we actually play them twice. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

One thing to keep in mind with Shrewsberry is that he loves coaching in the state of Indiana. That outside of his time in Boston and PSU he has coached at 5 different schools in Indiana. 

That would be the only reason to take that job, for him. Going to get the same play as Penn st.

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The only thing is they lose most of their top players at PSU so this might be the time to go.

Agreed. You lose that many senior guards who dominated your scoring and the odds are you can't replace them. Time to go because next season you're probably not matching the success of this season.

Mike Anderson suing St. Johns for wrongful termination.  St. Johns hired Rick Pitino.  Anderson's termination letter has the highlighted language.  I repeat, St. Johns hired Rick Pitino.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35903881/mike-anderson-file-lawsuit-vs-st-john-firing

image.png.0e0762298b34df0d445e28ed0c3f670c.png

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mike Anderson suing St. Johns for wrongful termination.  St. Johns hired Rick Pitino.  Anderson's termination letter has the highlighted language.  I repeat, St. Johns hired Rick Pitino.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35903881/mike-anderson-file-lawsuit-vs-st-john-firing

Not a good look at all by the St. John's admin.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Rick Pitino…..

AD06EEBE-D277-4B05-B8E7-D784620161EA.gif.67c52ad818d00ec6d1e2d36c062160b9.gif