Transfers with IU Interest

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have no clue if courtesy is still held in high regard in athletics anymore but maybe if he has made a decision both parties said hey let's announce tomorrow. Today is about UConn/SDSU. 

No, I think its more of Love saying let me take it all in and get back to you on Wednesday with my answer. I think if you were IU, you want a commitment out there as quick as possible for other recruits to see.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You might just have the biggest case of 'Little Brother' syndrome that I have ever seen from a Purdue fan.  

100%. I think we are way too accommodating to him.

We have some other rival posters (using the term rival VERY loosely, @BruceDouglas) that are great members; this dude is just absolutely laughable and unwanted. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Fans are funny.

Love hits the portal and we all scream "no thank you, no way"

Mutual interest is announced and we are all on pins and needles like its a make or break transfer.  😅

"Love conquers all."

Shades of Abraham Moses!

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Fans are funny.

Mutual interest is announced and we are all on pins and needles like its a make or break transfer.  😅

I'm still upset we missed out on Moses Abraham, and his sweet 1 . 6 points per game over his 4-year career. 

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Fans are funny.

I am still concerned that there aren't enough balls for XJ and Love to co-exist but guess that is Woodson's issue to figure out.  When we learned of Woodson's interest, the about face probably is due to trust that he can make it work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Fans are funny.

4 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I am still concerned that there aren't enough balls for XJ and Love to co-exist but guess that is Woodson's issue to figure out.  When we learned of Woodson's interest, the about face probably is due to trust that he can make it work.

Yeah, this is where I am. Have a buddy who’s a huge UNC fan who said stay away, far away….and was concerned prior to that based on his shot selection / other team chemistry reports. But I have no reason to not trusty Woody so far, so I’ll do just that for now.

10 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

^^^^This.  I would not want what I saw at UNC this year, but if Woody believes he can make it work, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not at all a fan of the NIL bidding wars even if IU has huge resources to win their share.  I'm just too old school to like it and some of these numbers still make me feel dirty.

• Like 2

One thing we have to remember here is that Woody wasn't the coach that recruited Love.  Last night may well have been an opportunity for both sides to get to know each other.  It may have gone great, but as quiet as it's been since that call, you can't rule out the possibility that one or both sides may have had second thoughts as a result of the Zoom meeting.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Fans are funny.

We are pretty desperate for some scoring. Obviously we want the best version of Love that would be ideal but there just aren’t many options that can score 20 a night beating down our door right now. I’m sure he will have some Davonte Green moments but hopefully they are kept to a minimum and we get a player that is a lot more consistent and plays within the context of our offense.

Woody does have a very recent history of changing player's games and attitudes...

Miller Kopp? ...He's not even close to the player he was when he came in from Northwestern...Better shot selection (maybe to a fault), much, much better defender...And his leadership came to the fore...

Trayce? I don't think his attitude needed anything, but he did become better in playmaking, defense, and leadership...

And finally, XJ...He came in from Pitt with a game much like we've seen from Love...And it's not like Woody didn't have disciplinary issues with X...But overall, I think Coach Woodson has done a good job of reshaping XJ's game, on both ends of the court...

If Caleb does choose IU, I think Woody will make a better player out of him...But he has to listen...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 6

Next year was always looking like a huge drop off…and one we all had some big question marks coming in. We are just lucky we may get Xavier back because that would have been even worse losing both the entire front court and back court. This is just one of those gap years where I think expectations need to be managed. If we can pull off a ncaa appearance I would be ecstatic. I’m ok gambling with 23-24. Woody has his work cut out for him but if he can keep the train on the rails well we should be looking better in 24-25 and beyond. It’s really hard to create momentum pushing the huge bolder up hill after Archie weighed us down. We get this going 3 years in a row then we may just get over the tipping point and see this program really start moving on it’s own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I have no clue if courtesy is still held in high regard in athletics anymore but maybe if he has made a decision both parties said hey let's announce tomorrow. Today is about UConn/SDSU. 

With all due respect to any transferring player, I doubt any committed transfer announcement is big enough to overshadow the national championship game. It may be the other direction; he doesn’t want to compete against the game. 

• Like 1