Transfers with IU Interest

I think in our limited experience with the portal we all have learned one thing: silence is usually not good. The longer these commitments take, the more suitors can come in and make better offers. There was a lot of smoke On Twitter about Ledlum, Kneecht (sp) and Ware to IU. We got Ware, but I am not going to count on anything else until I see an official commitment. We do need some shooting, for sure. Panic mode? Probably not…….yet

Edited by Rev_AK
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

I think in our limited experience with the portal we all have learned one thing: silence is usually not good. The longer these commitments take, the more suitors can come in and make better offers. There was a lot of smoke On Twitter about Ledlum, Kneecht (sp) and Ware to IU. We got Ware, but I am not going to count on anything else until I see an official commitment. We do need some shooting, for sure. Panic mode? Probably not…….yet

Certainly he was a hot commodity but as more and more kids have hit the portal perhaps we cooled on him. Still a long way to go…it’s a marathon not a sprint.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Ugh. The longer this went the more confidence went down. Dang. Really wanted him at IU

I wanted the shooting and we need that bigger wing but I was always worried about his lateral movement and ability to defend. I’m confident we will find what we need.

Hopefully there will be some new names come into the portal that can really shoot. Maybe the coaching staff thinks that guys like Banks, Gunn and Newton will be able to ay the wing position. That might be why we haven't seen many guys we are looking at that are guards or wings. I assume Knecht will go to Oregon

On 4/17/2023 at 4:05 PM, Initial79 said:

Ok, by that logic, he didn’t meet anyone on Tenn or St J. visit?

it really doesn’t work that way honestly. Same for coaches too. They don’t just follow people they meet.

On 4/17/2023 at 4:26 PM, Initial79 said:

What? You said young kids follow everyone they meet. I see people say this a lot and it is not true. Just because he followed a couple doesn’t mean he is playing for all 3 teams smh. I know you are trying to be funny but a joke should at least make sense. 

it works other way too. For example, an assistant follows a player. They are interested. Then more assistants, the head coach, the team account etc follow them, that means they are higher priority.

this is a known thing in the recruting world and have first hand experience. 

Does him following all those players and coaches mean he is 100% IU… no. But it for sure means it is really, really likely. Especially since he didn’t add a bunch from this weekend right after like he did IU. 

On 4/17/2023 at 5:45 PM, Initial79 said:

Look, honestly, I doesn’t matter but you did start it by telling the other guy - sorry, that is wrong, they follow everyone they meet. 

all I did was point it out to you that is not the case and instead of saying, “yeah, good point, I guess he didn’t follow their entire team and staff and I am sure he met them.” You came back with another - guess he is committing to all 3 teams. 

People are quick on here to assume arguments. Not arguing. Trying to educate as someone who has lots of experience with this. You don’t agree, no worries from me. Wasn’t “arguing” 🤷‍♂️🙄😂

Hmmmmm 🤔🤔🤔

I came back because as much as I want to be an ass, I don’t want to be an ass.

whole point of my original post is… don’t get too hyped over who followed who on the SM. An unfollow is easier than a follow. Keep posting, because your information is nice to have, but not fool proof and not much to hang your hat on

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1

The staff prioritized Ledlum. This is a very tough blow. I’m not sure what our other options are…We’ve been very selective in choosing our targets instead of widening our net like an Arkansas…not saying we should be against the selectivity but you have to absolutely hit on the commitments if we’re going this route. Tough. 

Many poked fun of Arkansas for reaching out to so many transfers…well they have a top transfer class and almost assuredly will be a top ten team after losing 1/2 their team. 

Where do we go next?

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Hmmmmm 🤔🤔🤔

This was exactly my point in the other thread. Do you just want to attack me and tell me my opinion provides zero value?? Try and appear smarter? Thought this was a message board. Not a “cesspool like Twitter and all social” where people just want to argue? 

there was something there man. He didn’t follow those guys for the hell of it. FYI.. he only ever followed 1 St J players.

Also, right about time Beamer posted that he was a lock… guess what I did. I went to his instagram and see him adding Tenn players like crazy. Didn’t post it here with people like you constantly saying there is zero value, social media sucks etc. 

They flipped him. Simple - you want a cookie? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Initial79 said:

This was exactly my point in the other thread. Do you just want to attack me and tell me my opinion provides zero value?? Try and appear smarter? Thought this was a message board. Not a “cesspool like Twitter and all social” where people just want to argue? 

there was something there man. He didn’t follow those guys for the hell of it. FYI.. he only ever followed 1 St J players.

Also, right about time Beamer posted that he was a lock… guess what I did. I went to his instagram and see him adding Tenn players like crazy. Didn’t post it here with people like you constantly saying there is zero value, social media sucks etc. 

They flipped him. Simple - you want a cookie? 

I didn’t read this whole thing, don’t feel like it. I edited my last post because I didn’t want to be a complete ass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beamerball said:

Ledlum will be a Hoosier. Take it to the bank. Book-it. Whatever phrase you want. 

He will be wearing the red and white candy stripes next season. 

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Street cred is on the line...

41 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Wow Ledlum to UT smh

image.jpeg.b98d99f2636fe1751c924b5ce8e2e435.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3