Transfers with IU Interest

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Been to indiana games since 1974 can have a different opinion on the team.Results last 35 years haven't been up to standard.You can call it negative i call it facts.We just disagree on where the program is.That is fine.

I'm not happy that we don't win to the level we used to.  That's one thing.  But saying that IU got outworked by UT in Ledlum's recruiting is pure speculation.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyResident16 said:

Who else in the portal has the staff spent more time, effort, energy, and resources on than Ledlum? They’ve been recruiting him for a month. 

I’m not uptight over anybody. Simply ridiculing those who don’t see this as a significant miss and potentially a huge blow to next seasons success. This isn’t the, “oh well on to the next one” type miss. 

It is a huge blow. 100% agree. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

College basketball rosters are a puzzle and the pieces have to fit Woody’s system. Like I said, you absolutely take Ledlum but the priority is to find a sharpshooter who can be a starter in his system, pulling defenses out of the paint. XJ and Galloway are primed to be the slashers to the rim, Ware and Malik will handle the paint. Hopefully Cupps, Gunn, Banks and Sparks can contribute off the bench…The only missing piece is the outside threat who can play the 3. 

IU should be looking to upgrade both wing positions. I love Galloway as a player but he is extremely limited offensively. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

College basketball rosters are a puzzle and the pieces have to fit Woody’s system. Like I said, you absolutely take Ledlum but the priority is to find a sharpshooter who can be a starter in his system, pulling defenses out of the paint. XJ and Galloway are primed to be the slashers to the rim, Ware and Malik will handle the paint. Hopefully Cupps, Gunn, Banks and Sparks can contribute off the bench…The only missing piece is the outside threat who can play the 3. 

Spot on.  Get an under the radar transfer like Funk was for Penn State last season, and IU will be just fine.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

If you’re fine shrugging off an obvious swing and miss by the staff, then more power to you. But don’t tell me how to act. This was clearly a player that the staff wanted and one that could significantly help next years team. 

Nobody bats 1000 and will always be misses. It is like that in recruiting and in drafts.  The other day there was a stat that only 38 percent of first round picks in the NFL got second contracts. So that is a lot of misses on top draft picks.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 4

Just now, IU Scott said:

Nobody bats 1000 a d will always be missed. It is like that in recruiting and in drafts.  The other day there was a stat that only ,38 percent of first round picks in the NFL got second contracts. So that is a lot of missed on top draft picks.

The NFL draft is irrelevant to Chris Ledlum. Going all-in on a player and not getting him is a miss anyway you want to slice it. Not landing Chris Ledlum hurts IU more than it helps. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that?

That’s why so called insiders are mostly wrong. They run with anything positive written on the internet or social media. I could say we are going to get a commitment from the next big name we invite to campus. In reality I know nothing . If the guy commits , I look like I do. However if I’m wrong, it just adds to the pile of names,  like  Ledlum, Love , Knect , Deloach, and so on and so on. (This is just an example) I don’t say we are getting anybody. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

1. There are things being said here that are being positioned as fact regarding what CMW and staff did or didn’t do in the recruitment of Ledlum. The only real fact is that no one here knows what actually happened. The “IMO” clarifier really should be used more often here.

2. Similarly, no one here has any true understanding of who else the staff is targeting. The staff is not going to roll over and give up because one guy rejected us. 

3. It is really disheartening and disappointing to read posts suggesting that the current players aren’t good enough. That there are “serious concerns.”  Sure fire way to attract more players is to attack the players we currently have 🙄

4. Likewise, when things don’t go like we wanted, this board does an excellent job of attacking each other. And, when things don’t go as planned, certain posters come out of the woodwork to stir things up more.

5. I am at the point where threads like this are a good distraction but they really have little substance. As much as we want to believe that there are people who are insiders or who have connections, it really is just a crapshoot and should be viewed as for entertainment purposes only.

6. I find myself agreeing more and more with @IU Scottand that scares the bejeesus out of me 😂

At least you are coming arpund

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

IU should be looking to upgrade both wing positions. I love Galloway as a player but he is extremely limited offensively. 

Galloway doesn’t play the wing, he’s a combo guard. I’m fine upgrading at the 2 spot and bringing Galloway off the bench but that guy would need to be able to spell XJ if needed. That’s not Ledlum. He’s a solid get for UT though. 

• Like 1

Just now, IndyResident16 said:

The NFL draft is irrelevant to Chris Ledlum. Going all-in on a player and not getting him is a miss anyway you want to slice it. Not landing Chris Ledlum hurts IU more than it helps. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that?

Never said it wasn't a miss but I am not going to lose sleep over one player not choosing IU

Another thing is this player would have only been here 1 year so it is a significant loss.

• Like 2

It is possible now with ledlum chose UT other players might look seriously at IU that wouldn’t have before. Cleveland is guy that fits that. Maybe the staff was going after him hard and they will now. Maybe other players reach out to IU that hadn’t in the past because of Jae hard iu was recruiting Ledlum and knecht 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I really wanted him, but if the plan was to play a lot of time with him at the 3 consider me glad we missed on him. 

Agreed. There are two ends to the floor. I was not impressed with his ability to move his feet and defend…especially against higher level competition. A nice piece but not the main piece to our team.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not happy that we don't win to the level we used to.  That's one thing.  But saying that IU got outworked by UT in Ledlum's recruiting is pure speculation.  

Maybe but I think we didn't finish the game.All good we will see if we can get another impact player or 2 for next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

It is possible now with ledlum chose UT other players might look seriously at IU that wouldn’t have before. Cleveland is guy that fits that. Maybe the staff was going after him hard and they will now. Maybe other players reach out to IU that hadn’t in the past because of Jae hard iu was recruiting Ledlum and knecht 

There is a long way to go and a lot of players to work through. Maybe even a guy like Brandon Newman decides to give IU a second chance lol. Crazier stuff has happened.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

Beg to differ on that.Have former Indiana All-American I know well give me tickets to games.

Why would someone give you tickets to a team you’re not a fan of? Fans find positives and negatives about a team and then root for them. I’ve literally never seen you post one positive thing since I’ve joined this board. I’m not sure what you have going on in your life but why do you even like sports or supposedly like IU because the way you act towards the players and coaches isn’t a fan? I’ve seriously questioned if you’re Dan Dakich because of how insanely negative you are ALL the time. I just don’t get you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4