Transfers with IU Interest

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Currently following Mgbako in instagram are the following:

Ware, X, Trey, Adam Howard and Cupps. As well as Lenee Beaumont form the women's team.  

This all started Monday. The whole agent stuff etc. they are all in now. 
you have to see it both ways at this point. We are all in for sure and for us to become a visit when we were not even on radar last week means something got him very interested.

now, does anyone know how we fair with Adidas opposed to Louisville and Kansas. Would they favor us more? Or equal playing field and we fight it out? That is something I would never claim to have knowledge of (unlike social media and recruiting which I understand deeply 🤣) - considering we had 2 guys on a deal with them last year and they marketed well, that can’t hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

It is debatable but what did it for me was watching his film. He does things JG could never do.

I also think the staff was fine with JG maybe staying for this exact role but he felt he could end up better. Might have miscalculated (that is purely my opinion fyi)

Your first two sentences contradict each other haha... no worries though. JG isn't as good, the film shows that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Is IU in on Catchings??

Last I read a few days ago was he was Purdue's.....

I don’t want to get into that again on here. Fully believe he is deeply looking at some options. We can debate on his thread but hard for me to follow all the sub threads. Hard to keep up. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Possible… and this is where is gets fun. If he really only wanted to re-class we now have the ability to put pressure on people to decide. 

but if he wants to stay 2024 and get a shoe deal, then it would still be IU. He isn’t getting that at Purdue 

we will see but again, I think the amount of talent options should make many relax but I know some won’t until ink is dry. 

He may love IU💰👟 but the family loves  MP & Purdue…..for now 😳

Shoe companies have been funneling cash through UK, KU, Duke, UNC…for 20? 30 years?

pretty confident Purdue & IU didn’t play that dirty game 

Now IU is playing the NIL/Adidas game while MP refuses to join the 21st century 

its semi-pro basketball dressed up in nostalgia of the good old days 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

This all started Monday. The whole agent stuff etc. they are all in now. 
you have to see it both ways at this point. We are all in for sure and for us to become a visit when we were not even on radar last week means something got him very interested.

now, does anyone know how we fair with Adidas opposed to Louisville and Kansas. Would they favor us more? Or equal playing field and we fight it out? That is something I would never claim to have knowledge of (unlike social media and recruiting which I understand deeply 🤣) - considering we had 2 guys on a deal with them last year and they marketed well, that can’t hurt. 

TJD and JHS had big adidas NIL deals last year. I believe Dick from Kansas had one.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

TJD and JHS had big adidas NIL deals last year. I believe Dick from Kansas had one.

Yep, aware. That is why we have a shot with Mgbako and other people being debated in other threads haha

what I don’t know is the question I posed. How much do they love us? Do they play favorites or … you get the same dollars at any of those 3. You chose. Then it is up to us.

35 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Louisville only has 1 or 2 scholarships left and is running for other players

Not sure what the attraction is there.  Last season would have gotten most coaches fired.  I see little evidence of X/O ability or player development.  The only thing I've seen Louisville's coach do well is recruit.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Not sure what the attraction is there.  Last season would have gotten most coaches fired.  I see little evidence of X/O ability or player development.  The only thing I've seen Louisville's coach do well is recruit.

Nolan Smith was a lead recruiter for him to Duke. Thats it, I think. 

32 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I meant to put that in the Mgbako thread, but this applies to Tre White too

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This is why flipping out on April 20th is so stupid.  Not saying IU plays here in particular.  I'm just saying that there's still a lot to happen before November and bigger names than Ledlum and Knecht to become available.

We reserve the right to flip out multiple times thank you very much. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2