2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

And Esports, which is pathetic on another level

Man I try not to be get off my lawn guy, Ā but I will NEVER understand the appeal of watching someone else play video games. I know a 21 year old kid who makes 6 figures by people watching him play.Ā 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Pretty soon we'll be down to Pickleball and Cornhole...

And that's not only sad, but kinda creepy too šŸ˜®Ā 

only until pickleball and cornhole players start complaining about not making enough money.

Ā 

So how's the mgbako recruitment going?

Just now, Boiler Sam said:

Man I try not to be get off my lawn guy, Ā but I will NEVER understand the appeal of watching someone else play video games. I know a 21 year old kid who makes 6 figures by people watching him play.Ā 

Watching someone else play basketball games is a multi billion dollar enterprise, and popular all across the world. Folks like us on this message board set our entire calendar around it.

Video games as a medium are still new enough that it feels different, but categorically there's no difference. It's all just entertainment.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm not an insider, but I can predict @IU ScottĀ will be posting in this forum 10 years from now about how the college game is doomed and threatening that he may stop watching soon.Ā 

I have actually watched less college games the less couple of years. I use to watch about any game that was on but now I have trouble watching a game between Florida and South Carolina. Some of it has to do with the product on the court isn't to my taste but some of it is due to the college landscape.

• Like 1

I think we should just go to a draft for high school kids. They already want to be treated like pros and wants free agency so let's go all the way. Could make it regional where a team only could draft players from states that border your state. Indiana can draft kids from Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan and Kentucky. Kids has to stay in their regionĀ 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think we should just go to a draft for high school kids. They already want to be treated like pros and wants free agency so let's go all the way. Could make it regional where a team only could draft players from states that border your state. Indiana can draft kids from Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan and Kentucky. Kids has to stay in their regionĀ 

Poor Hawaii

• Haha 7

If we are gonna be big dawgs again, we gonna haft to be big dawgs.

MM, I want you here.

Here is what we can offer you.

If you choose someone else, we will beat you and make you look pathetic. Because we are focused on wining!

Get on the bus, or walk. We ain't waiting on children, we want men.

• Like 2

I just donā€™t understand the appeal with Louisville. Can totally understand and respect him going to St. Johns (local kid, Pitino has a great resume, would be the face of the program) or Kansas (Self has a great resume, talented players + facilities, etc).Ā 

If Iā€™m a one and done player, I donā€™t know how I can just objectively ignore how bad UL was last year. You canā€™t even say they lacked talent because schools like UNC and Ā Arkansas came in and scooped the transfers up. Also, who wants to play for a guy whose team got their ass beat all season long and all he did was smile and laugh it off? If it wasnā€™t for this recruiting class, I feel like UL fans would be asking for Payne to be fired.Ā 

Also, know that he has a close relationship with Smith but it evidently wasnā€™t strong enough to make him de commit from Duke and immediately follow him.Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Ah yes, no problems at all with this.Ā 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

More to do with it being less popular and losing a lot of viewers of the game. I assume they will still play but it will be more in the line of college baseball. College baseball is more of a niche sport where a lot of people don't really pay attention than it.Ā  I know it seems it is becoming more popular but it still isn't what college basketball and football has been.

Implying that NIL / et al (I think what you're saying) will make CBB turn into college baseball is so laughable that I almost want to check if your head is okay, my friend.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Implying that NIL / et al (I think what you're saying) will make CBB turn into college baseball is so laughable that I almost want to check if your head is okay, my friend.

Absolutely serious, it has happened to other sports. Greed has hurt sports forever. When I was young boxing was a mainstream sport and was on regular TV. When they got greedy and went to pay for view boxing is dead.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Absolutely serious, it has happened to other sports. Greed has hurt sports forever. When I was young boxing was a mainstream sport and was on regular TV. When they got greedy and went to pay for view boxing is dead.

I think the rise of MMA has hurt boxing more than anything Scott. And as a former avid boxing fan, the product is pretty terrible. Been some great individual boxers the last 20 years but no serious rivalries like you got in the 80s, 90s, and in to the 2000ā€™s. Thereā€™s a large sect of people who think Jake Paul is a legitimate boxer.

• Like 3

Just now, IndyResident16 said:

I think the rise of MMA has hurt boxing more than anything Scott. And as a former avid boxing fan, the product is pretty terrible. Been some great individual boxers the last 20 years but no serious rivalries like you got in the 80s, 90s, and in to the 2000ā€™s. Thereā€™s a large sect of people who think Jake Paul is a legitimate boxer.

I think youā€™re right. I love watching the UFC. Canā€™t even think about watching boxing. Sounds stupid bc part of MMA is boxing, but šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø.

• Like 1