2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

I think Duke had more forwards/wings than Kansas but I don’t really understand reopening your recruitment for more playing time/larger role when Kansas is arguably just as competitive. 

You can only start 5, so realistically:

-KJ Adam’s get benched, or transfers because of Mack

-Mack comes off the bench (why not stay at Duke then lol)

-One of Nick Timberlake (senior transfer), Elmarko Jackson (5 start freshmen) or Arterio Morris (former 5 star soph) comes off the beach. 

1 hour ago, IndyResident16 said:

I'm not basing it off any information nor claim to have any. I'm going strictly off my gut. IU's record the last dozen or so years with these types of recruits competing directly with these types of programs isn't good. Again, here is to hoping my gut is wrong.

Cool, I never asked for your input anyway. You responded to me, remember?

Yes, because you said something was likely. That doesn’t mean your gut, that means you’re saying something has shifted the odds. I responded because of your word choice. 

7 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Interesting to note that the portal entry closes tomorrow. So if he picks Kansas Friday, nobody will be able to transfer out. If Adams or anyone enters today or tomorrow that would be a huge clue. 

A lot of of talk on the Kansas boards is that they would prefer Adams to start over MM

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....that's all fine and good, but the reason why I was asking, ummmm, I mean my friend was wondering is because he usually pops when he has a good feeling. 

I don't see Slater making a prediction on this one. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Hate to kick a dog when it’s down but I just noticed an IU rivals reporter logged a pick to Kansas. 

So it’s seems rather unanimous the smoke is Kansas. 

Maybe it’s something but probably not. Less than 2 hours ago Cassidy (the original crystal baller) said he wouldn’t bet on his pick as things stand. Further Rabjohns just posted within the hour that there is still no new information…there are people that think it’s Kansas because it’s Kansas and others that think it’s Indiana due to certain ties that matter. As mentioned prior many of these crystal ballers on Rivals are wrong or will switch their pick at the final hour. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1