2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

Man, there is gonna be a lot of egg on your face for a lot of you guys if MM comes to IU and is "just an average" player instead of the 2nd coming you all think he is.

I mean yeah, he's a good recruit, but until you get him in practice and in games where he's not the most talented, or experienced player on the floor, he may not be the shiny penny you think he is. Should we have high hopes, sure. But some of you guys are really going off the deep end on this guy.

But to each his own. It's entertaining I guess.

Just now, DWB said:

Man, there is gonna be a lot of egg on your face for a lot of you guys if MM comes to IU and is "just an average" player instead of the 2nd coming you all think he is.

I mean yeah, he's a good recruit, but until you get him in practice and in games where he's not the most talented, or experienced player on the floor, he may not be the shiny penny you think he is. Should we have high hopes, sure. But some of you guys are really going off the deep end on this guy.

I think the only overreacting to anything in this thread might be you. I have read the entire thread, posted quite a bit in it.. I've not really seen any of the reactions you're mentioning. 

You might quote those posts next time to help the rest of us peons out. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Nobody is saying anyrhing of the sort. He is a highly regarded recruit that our favorite team is still in on.

We are fans, we get excited about those things. And often act "fanatically".

Nobody is acting like we are recruiting Kobe reincarnated here. Just off season enthusiasm for our program and a distraction from real life sometimes.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

He's more the third or fourth coming, not the second in my eyes! Don't put words in my mouth!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DWB said:

There really hasn’t been much talk like that, but it’s worth pointing out that he has played with plenty of other high level competition. There isn’t going to be a shock factor when he steps on a college floor. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DWB said:

MM is the next GOAT of Indiana basketball and yes I said it!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KDB said:

Slater knew that Udeh was transferring to Kansas. He tweeted yesterday that another McDonalds AA was going to enter the portal and quoted it today once Udeh entered. Kansas 247 guy literally today said he expected Udeh to return. Seems as if Slater even knows more about what’s going on with KU than their own insider. Also, Rabjohns and Slater are best friends. Mgbako could definitely go to Kansas, but I think we truly have as good a shot as they do currently.

I saw that KU has been doing everything possible to keep him. They wanted him just couldn’t convince him.