2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

18 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Total momentum shift based on zero information.  🤣

I don't know that it's zero information.

There was never any inside info given to anyone, KU fans just assumed he was there's so folks ran with it.

As time has gone on and his commitment hasn't leaked, we've seen him follow a lot of IU guys on Instagram. His mom followed Carmelo a few days ago. The canceled UL visit came after his visit to IU, nothing was canceled after KU.

That's all information, and it all points in a certain direction. I'm not sure any of that "type" of information exists in this one that isn't favorable to us. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I don't know that it's zero information.

There was never any inside info given to anyone, KU fans just assumed he was there's so folks ran with it.

As time has gone on and his commitment hasn't leaked, we've seen him follow a lot of IU guys on Instagram. His mom followed Carmelo a few days ago. The canceled UL visit came after his visit to IU, nothing was canceled after KU.

That's all information, and it all points in a certain direction. I'm not sure any of that "type" of information exists in this one that isn't favorable to us. 

Is there ANYTHING you won't debate?   😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

The Mgbako family told a national guy at 247 5 pm EST for the announcement this morning.

Don't believe that's correct. I think a KU guy said 5pm.. which it is, if you're in their time zone. 

Edit-- I think Rabjohns was wrong the whole time on the announcement time. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its been 6pm the whole time. 

Rabjohns gave a time of 5pm EST in his announcement preview earlier today. He added an update that time will now be 6pm. Each time was phrased as being what he was told by the family.

I'm still optimistic, but if a family from the east coast is getting thrown off by an hour, might be a hint they're picking the school in the central time zone.

Just now, Maedhros said:

Rabjohns gave a time of 5pm EST in his announcement preview earlier today. He added an update that time will now be 6pm. Each time was phrased as being what he was told by the family.

I'm still optimistic, but if a family from the east coast is getting thrown off by an hour, might be a hint they're picking the school in the central time zone.

Worried me, as well. 

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

I have no idea but it’s probably just a mistake. His Instagram has a tracker that was posted 16 hours ago and it has been counting down to 6 PM. 

• Like 1

Just now, Maedhros said:

More likely the internet got it wrong than the family!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUProfessor said:

Lots of people get confused if Indiana is eastern or central. So I don't see how the confusion would point in either direction. If anything, they'd be more likely to get the Bloomington time zone mixed up than Lawrence.

Because Indiana is technically both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I have no idea but it’s probably just a mistake. His Instagram has a tracker that was posted 16 hours ago and it has been counting down to 6 PM. 

Aye, I'm guessing the time of the announcement never changed, but if you're telling people 5pm, well it was only ever set to 5pm for Lawrence KS, not Bloomington IN. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

Aye, I'm guessing the time of the announcement never changed, but if you're telling people 5pm, well it was only ever set to 5pm for Lawrence KS, not Bloomington IN. 

That’s what people get for reading other people’s mail!