Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Turned on MD game on BTN. Playing MD extension in Baltimore (I think).

Anyway...we had more fans in the stands in our local Div II game in a town of <10,000 than they do at the MD home game.

Really sad.

You know, I have to agree. Of all the teams that has been added I think Maryland fits in well with the Big 10. Even more so than PSU and they've been in since 94. 

• Confused 1

After watching Knecht a little yesterday and now against PU….I have to wonder if he’d be effective in our offense. I hate to say it but, no. I can’t  imagine Woody would be setting screens for him at the 3 point line and I can’t imagine he’d be able to attack the basket with 2 bigs in the paint. 

And then I also have to wonder that we may not get these types of scoring wings until we can prove to utilize them in an effective way. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

@IUFLA

Im gonna dish on that nickname any chance I get until season is over. It has to be the weakest ever. 

Serious question because I wasn't a thought in my parents minds yet. Why do we call Isaih "Zeke"?

Found this...

Isaiah got his nickname "Zeke" when he was on the Pan Am team and the coach called him Z as Isaiah took too long to say. It just so happened that the most popular song that year was "Zeke the Freak" so Z became Zeke and it stuck.

I think we should call Gillis "The Weeping Willow" 😁

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

PU bench with zero baskets and three points

Outside of Loyer, PU 19-37 on FTs

Was a really weird game. Edey missed his first 6 free throws. We took a lot of free throws in the first half but in the second half (after Barnes got T’ed up), UT was in the double bonus before we even reached the bonus lol. They ended up having to foul us a bit at the end when they had to but I believe it was 8-2 in fouls against us in the second half. I think it’s good that we can win a game with awful FT shooting and a no-show from the bench. 

Edited by Stlboiler23