Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

19 minutes ago, Reacher said:

When a team is that hot from 3, they are going to look good. Battle now 5-5 from 3. I hope they don't shoot like that against us! 

Battle picking up where he left off against WVU. Was 5-11 from three for the game. Think he made all five in second half. 

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Remind me…. did we really go after Battle? Or not really? I know he was considering us, but doesn’t mean we were committed in the end. Could have REALLY helped us. 

I don’t think we went hard after him. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

He mostly works out of the mid post so if you sag off you'd be under the basket?

Maybe a bigger defender like Mgbako could bother him but then again, he's only a frosh.

He shoots 5 3 pointers a game... That would lead IU... And is tied with Coleman and Goode on your team...

I've watched them play a few times, including both of his 30 points games... He's much more effective in the mid-range and dribble-drive from what I've seen... 

Edited by IUFLA

46 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

He mostly works out of the mid post so if you sag off you'd be under the basket?

Maybe a bigger defender like Mgbako could bother him but then again, he's only a frosh.

How are you feeling about tomorrow’s game? What do you think are some of the keys? I feel like Hawkins could be a problem for us if he’s hitting from distance. But hopefully Edey gets him in foul trouble. 

3 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Teammate reunion night in Mackey 

Lance on Domask 

Fletcher on Goode 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He shoots 5 3 pointers a game... That would lead IU... And is tied with Coleman and Goode on your team...

I've watched them play a few times, including both of his 30 points games... He's much more effective in the mid-range and dribble-drive from what I've seen... 

Sure he has shot a lot of 3s but with Shannon out he's done more mid post stuff. Using him a bit like PSU did with Pickett last year.

"That would lead IU" Pretty low bar to clear... 🤣

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

How are you feeling about tomorrow’s game? What do you think are some of the keys? I feel like Hawkins could be a problem for us if he’s hitting from distance. But hopefully Edey gets him in foul trouble. 

Well, never feel good about a game in Mackey. And still trying to figure out how good this team is without TSJ. Might be a little bit of a letdown after a big effort Tuesday. Illini are a tough match up because they have so many options. I've seen some suggestions that Purdue will leave Edey in the lane on defense and let Rodgers alone since he's not a perimeter threat. If so then Illini will have to counter that. I'm expecting Hawkins, Dainja and Hansberry to all play and get in foul trouble. And Illinois will try to take advantage of Purdue's tiny guards.

Edited by BruceDouglas

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sparty rolling 41-16 and looking impressive doing it, especially in the open court...

Penn State has 13 turnovers and there's still 5 minutes to go in the 1st... 

Penn St would beat us by double digits.

• Haha 1