Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Pathetic for an adult to act that way.  He'd been better off simply not participating in the handshake line.  Hard telling what Reese said or did to elicit that response, but the better response is whipping his ass next time you meet.

I don't think Reese said anything until Anderson didn't shake his offered hand...

You'd think a coach would act a little more like an adult in that situation...

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Pathetic for an adult to act that way.  He'd been better off simply not participating in the handshake line.  Hard telling what Reese said or did to elicit that response, but the better response is whipping his ass next time you meet.

Somebody help me out because the memory gets a tad fuzzy. Didn't X have an issue with Illinois bench in recent years or was that Iowa?

In terms of Tim Anderson....city guy. He got worked at home and he was probably in charge of the game plan. If it were up to me the handshake line would go away because for whatever reason people put a bit much into that whole thing. I know Crean would get crucified for it. 

Still though the adults should act like the adults but in our world where's the cutoff for kids vs adult behavior? 50? 60? Haha.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think Reese said anything until Anderson didn't shake his offered hand...

You'd think a coach would act a little more like an adult in that situation...

He didn't then, but I don't doubt Maryland was doing some woofing during the game since they were finally having something to woof about.  Could be that Reese said something to the bench during the game that was cause for this childish response.  Nevertheless, you're the adult, dude.  Use it as motivation for the next time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ball screen D has been an issue for years going back to the Loyola game. You would think it's something they would focus on.

In terms of Dainja...and again I don't watch your games....but this is like the 2nd or 3rd time this year where my buddies have said more minutes for him. What's your take on the limited minutes?

The main problem is they have to change everything on defense when he's playing. With Hawkins at the 5, they can swtich everything on screens. When Dainja's in there they have to play drop coverage and he really struggles. So he does add some offensive firepower but gives a lot of it back on the other end.

Dain's a fan favorite because he's a likeable dude and Coleman...well...he tries fans patience with the constant complaining and terrible body language. But he's been great this season except for yesterday.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

The only thing I've read is Reese was yapping at the Krush but that doesn't justify Anderson acting like a child.

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Like 3

Minnesota's fast start looking like fool's gold now.  I heard one of the commentators saying something to the effect that Minnesota's out of conference schedule was designed to keep them in Minnesota and gain some confidence.  It worked for awhile, I guess.