Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You realize he’s likely fouled (many times without it being called) well before he makes his post move right? And he’s allowed to create space when he’s making his post move. You think every time he posts up it’s an offensive foul? Lol

He gets away with murder on the court but I know you can't see it. At least I can admit that IU under RMK got a lot of calls in Assembly Hall

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Edey should foul out every game if they called every offensive foul he commits. Every time he post up he uses his elbow to create space for his jump hook

What big man doesn’t do that… he just happens to be quite larger than most… 

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You realize he’s likely fouled (many times without it being called) well before he makes his post move right? And he’s allowed to create space when he’s making his post move. You think every time he posts up it’s an offensive foul? Lol

Don’t know about the foul calls but if the Rutgers game was any indication, he should have been called for 3 seconds at least 3-4 times. 

44 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You.mean different people voicing different opinions?

That seems like what should be expected on a message board.

No, I'm saying there would be a contingent that would want him gone, and a contingent that would want to keep him... But the roles would be reversed... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Don’t know about the foul calls but if the Rutgers game was any indication, he should have been called for 3 seconds at least 3-4 times. 

That’s not true either. A guy on Twitter has reviewed multiple games of ours and has proven that Edey does a great job avoiding the three second call. He lifts one of his feet up which resets the count (only a rule in college I believe).

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He gets away with murder on the court but I know you can't see it. At least I can admit that IU under RMK got a lot of calls in Assembly Hall

Does he get away with stuff sometimes? Absolutely. Does he get hacked/held/mauled and it doesn’t get called? Absolutely. Saying he gets away with murder while not acknowledging that he gets fouled constantly is interesting to say the least. Plenty of teams try the “they can’t call all of the fouls so let’s just hack away” strategy. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He’s not allowed to create space that is already taken. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Does he get away with stuff sometimes? Absolutely. Does he get hacked/held/mauled and it doesn’t get called? Absolutely. Saying he gets away with murder while not acknowledging that he gets fouled constantly is interesting to say the least. Plenty of teams try the “they can’t call all of the fouls so let’s just hack away” strategy. 

It is funny you complain about calls and how Purdue gets hosed but Purdue shoots more free throws than most teams do. Against Rutgers the only difference was you shot 12 more free throws and hit 10 more but you get hosed by the refs.

Also still don't know why you come to an IU board in the first place. You didn't see me going over to a Purdue board complaining how we got hosed against UI. We were tied and Shannon was out of control and barreled over Johnson and should have been a charge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It is funny you complain about calls and how Purdue gets hosed but Purdue shoots more free throws than most teams do. Against Rutgers the only difference was you shot 12 more free throws and hit 10 more but you get hosed by the refs.

Also still don't know why you come to an IU board in the first place. You didn't see me going over to a Purdue board complaining how we got hosed against UI. We were tied and Shannon was out of control and barreled over Johnson and should have been a charge

How often do I complain about calls? Usually only the really egregious ones. I called out one play that I disagreed with lol. 

Not sure why you continue to bring up the whole why do I come here in the first place? I’ve been posting on here a long time, am respectful, and can have good conversation with the folks on here. It’s fun to talk basketball with non-Purdue fans which is why I post here and on other non-Purdue boards. If you did post on a Purdue board in a thread about B1G basketball, I wouldn’t have any issue with that. Everyone can choose how and where they post. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Looked at the two and the postseason results are eerily similar. Don’t realize St. John’s isn’t far from 2,000 wins as a program. Purdue has had the better regular season success but def not a stretch to compare them. And I don’t think it’s a slight to Purdue either tbh. 

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I’m not very smart so please time stamp the infractions Edey commits 

16 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s not true either. A guy on Twitter has reviewed multiple games of ours and has proven that Edey does a great job avoiding the three second call. He lifts one of his feet up which resets the count (only a rule in college I believe).

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-basketball/2023/03/137835/chris-holtmann-says-three-second-rule-needs-to-be-evaluated-after-matchup-with-zach-edey-and-purdue

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Quotes from nearly a year ago versus actual video evidence of games within the last few weeks? I think the rule is pretty bogus tbh but Edey knows how to make the best of it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This was humorous:

Zach Edey pushes Matthew Mayer out of the way in order to save Mayer from being crushed to death. NPOTY and lifesaver.

Edey was bracing his fall haha. Mayer certainly sold it a bit too. And they called a foul I’m sure?