Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I agree the conference isn’t consistent with officiating. I feel like some games Edey should’ve shot way more free throws than he did while other nights he shoots a lot. 17 free throw attempts for a guy that big and skilled isn’t crazy especially when Collins spoke about his strategy to use all 15 big men fouls on him. 

Agree it can hurt us come tournament time too. But I think this team is better insulated against different officiating compared to last year. 

i could be WAAAAAAY off base here, but i think perception carries way too much weight from game to game within the conference. 

When tournament time comes, the officials dont give a rat's tushy about perception, and that's a part of the demise of Purdue, and really the conference within the tournament.

Just now, ledies22 said:

i could be WAAAAAAY off base here, but i think perception carries way too much weight from game to game within the conference. 

When tournament time comes, the officials dont give a rat's tushy about perception, and that's a part of the demise of Purdue, and really the conference within the tournament.

Yeah I don’t think you’re off base at all. I think that’s a valid point. 

Lol Wildcat posters have taken to calling the Boilers "Purloined University" 😂

And if you think this is the only site infested with PUkes, think again...

Screenshot_20240201-080409.thumb.png.5bfe7555c6508d9dde2b6887033d1237.png

Too bad they don't give a banner for "Most Insecure Fanbase." They'd have a UCLA type dynasty on that 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Lol Wildcat posters have taken to calling the Boilers "Purloined University" 😂

And if you think this is the only site infested with PUkes, think again...

Screenshot_20240201-080409.thumb.png.5bfe7555c6508d9dde2b6887033d1237.png

Too bad they don't give a banner for "Most Insecure Fanbase." They'd have a UCLA type dynasty on that 🙂

Dang you found my other username. 

• Haha 1

Pun intended. Don't cry foul Purdue when sent home packing in March. Every other conference officiating crew in America calls games different. Good for Collins but it's likely it won't change things.

PS...how Courtney Green continues to be employed is still shocking. I feel like we have about 6 of these dinosaurs that guys like Izzo and Ryan all wanted so their style of basketball (tackle) would be called to their benefit. People curious why the Big 10 hasn't won a title in so long? Exhibit A is talent. Exhibit B is officiating because we don't get the talent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pun intended. Don't cry foul Purdue when sent home packing in March. Every other conference officiating crew in America calls games different. Good for Collins but it's likely it won't change things.

PS...how Courtney Green continues to be employed is still shocking. I feel like we have about 6 of these dinosaurs that guys like Izzo and Ryan all wanted so their style of basketball (tackle) would be called to their benefit. People curious why the Big 10 hasn't won a title in so long? Exhibit A is talent. Exhibit B is officiating because we don't get the talent. 

I may be wrong but I think I even saw that TV Ted was officiating the other night. Is that possible? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

i could be WAAAAAAY off base here, but i think perception carries way too much weight from game to game within the conference

I completely agree. The other night X had a could reviewed to see if it was a play on the ball. It seemed like it obviously was and it was only reviewed out of reputation. 
The F1 at Illinois was similar. I think it was called out of reputation and Hawkins overreacting. Still, a sixth year senior needs to know better. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BeerBQ said:

I completely agree. The other night X had a could reviewed to see if it was a play on the ball. It seemed like it obviously was and it was only reviewed out of reputation. 
The F1 at Illinois was similar. I think it was called out of reputation and Hawkins overreacting. Still, a sixth year senior needs to know better. 

Why didn't Hawkins stupid ass just catch the ball? That's usually what I do when someone passes me the ball, compared to letting it smoke me in the chops. 

That review the other night was a joke. Smart play by X..... wow that was something I haven't had to type much. lol 

• Haha 4

My best friend is the biggest Purdue homer of all time. In 30 plus years of watching games with him he has never seen Purdue foul and every missed shot of Purdue they were fouled. Just who he is. He could not even say that last nights game was called close to evenly. I am not a conspiracy theorist in any way but I think the BIG is so starved to try and get a National Champion that they are making sure the BIG has a #1 seed. No other post player in the the BIG gets away with what EDEY does. They have made a conscious effort to protect him. Prior to the BIG season I truly felt that PU really would win it all and there are very few things that I want to see in my lifetime less than that. Having watched them play so much in league I think the officiating really helps them out and a good shooting team once again will send them home early in March when they cant live at the FT line. 

Coach Knight always said over the course of the season he wanted his teams to make more FT than the opponent shot and that hopefully on the road you can break even with  your opponent in attempts but make up for it at home. If I were not so lazy to look it up I bet PU has made more FT's on the road than their opponents have shot and its not just due to style of play. 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why didn't Hawkins stupid ass just catch the ball? That's usually what I do when someone passes me the ball, compared to letting it smoke me in the chops. 

That review the other night was a joke. Smart play by X..... wow that was something I haven't had to type much. lol 

Lmao, seriously. And then he tried to play the tough guy act for 2 seconds

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

hahahahahaha that doesnt make it any better. 

I think that should have been a flagrant with the video. 

The defender has a right to that space, and actually stood his ground. Edey couldn't move him. He took his off arm, not attached to the ball making a basketball move and elbowed the dude in the head.

BTW Edey's amazing footwork. he took 7 steps and moved a foot for a semi fall away shot. 

I especially liked his footwork too, but how about the great touch on his seven footer? If he’s not within 3ft, he’s out of range…and because of the elbows, you could call him for a flagrant every game. 

I don’t think he’s a dirty player though. It’s just how he’s learned to get position, and why not, if they’re not going to call it. 

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Illinois fans will call it gamesmanship but everyone else realizes it’s just being dramatic. I think the refs were ready to move on but when he threw a fit they decided to call it. 

• Like 1

I guess Collins wasn’t wrong after getting ejected?!

"I'm not going to go into the officiating," said Collins. "I just don't know if I've ever seen a box score like that. I don't know if I've ever seen a [free throw] disparity like that."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

46 free throws in a game is just absurd…I mean that’s atrocious and it will get them best in tournament because they aren’t going to get that home cookin 

In two games, PU attempted 87 FTs against NW. Difference was in Evanston, NW attempted 32, but 8 in WeLaf. NW is just the better team and exposed PU. Teams with quick guards who can score will be the end of the Boilers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

In two games, PU attempted 87 FTs against NW. Difference was in Evanston, NW attempted 32, but 8 in WeLaf. NW is just the better team and exposed PU. Teams with quick guards who can score will be the end of the Boilers. 

The BIG ten should look into that game..46 free throws??? I had to look a few times to believe it…makes the league look bad!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

To me this has to be more the conference than the officials. I say this because these officials works more than one conference so maybe the conference wants things called a certain way

• Like 1