Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Purdue, Illionois, and Wisconsin are locks

Norhwestern, Michigan State, and even Minnesota get in at 11-9 before IU.

I'm not saying that the Big Ten won't get 6-8 teams in.  Just saying that an 11-9 IU team, even if it finished in a tie for 3rd, won't make the tournament with a NET ranking hovering in the 80's or 90's.   

Still hold to my comment because if IU finishes 3rd a lot of other things have to happen and the draw of IU overrules!

35 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

No idea why Brad left him out there and kept Rodgers on the bench.

Illini defense has been horrible the last month or so. Gotta get that fixed asap.

We don't play y'all again so go for it. I guess.  Beat purdue and you'll have some redeeming qualities.  

On 2/10/2024 at 3:02 PM, IU Scott said:

For the second time in the UI and MSU game a player gets a tech for talking after hitting a 3. I just don't understand these players today who has to act like hitting 1 3 in the middle of a game is some big accomplishment.

On 2/10/2024 at 3:02 PM, IU Scott said:

For the second time in the UI and MSU game a player gets a tech for talking after hitting a 3. I just don't understand these players today who has to act like hitting 1 3 in the middle of a game is some big accomplishment.

kinda like NFL players celebrating after a routine tackle

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Since the B1G went to Peacock, I watch the Big East on FS1. Better basketball anyway 

I get it but I am a B1G fan and thus I will watch Peacock.  That being said, I don't know how much more Josh Pastner I can take.  Geez.  I find him EXTREMELY annoying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I get it but I am a B1G fan and thus I will watch Peacock.  That being said, I don't know how much more Josh Pastner I can take.  Geez.  I find him EXTREMELY annoying.

He’s like that Eddie Haskell type kid you went to high school with… total phony. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully our resident Illini fan can come along and explain but Juwan Howard just said in postgame presser about Terrance Shannon Jr you're welcome....i.e. he committed to Michigan and went to Illinois instead. What's the story here? 

I'm not your main guy....and I had totally forgotten about that rumor.  I still don't 100% get it.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/basketball/2022/4/30/23049243/michigan-basketball-hunter-dickinson-jace-howard-texas-tech-terrence-shannon-commitment-illinois

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Holtmann has been fired 

How much you willing to bet Michigan looks for a new guy at the end of the year too.  What is the likelihood we are standing around here 4 years from now saying, "Man, if we had moved on Woodson sooner we could have had..."

Groundhog Day 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

What is the likelihood we are standing around here 4 years from now saying, "Man, if we had moved on Woodson sooner we could have had..."

Zero

Wonder who enters the portal? 

Thornton (who we were on), Gayle, or Middleton would garner lots of interest from us I'd think... 

• Like 3