Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

15 point scorer gone. IU plays at Penn st. saturday.

In PSU's last 5, Clary has averaged 8 ppg and 3 apg... The guy Rhodes has replaced him with at PG, Ace Baldwin, (who followed him from VCU and killed us in the first meeting) has averaged 17 ppg and 6 apg... 

You do the math 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In PSU's last 5, Clary has averaged 8 ppg and 3 apg... The guy Rhodes has replaced him with at PG, Ace Baldwin, (who followed him from VCU and killed us in the first meeting) has averaged 17 ppg and 6 apg... 

You do the math 🙂

Clary wasn't ever the PG, Baldwin has started there all year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Clary wasn't ever the PG, Baldwin has started there all year.

However you want to characterize it Scott... He handed Bailey the keys to the offense after Clary got injured, put D'Marco Dunn in the 2 spot and won 3 in a row... So he kept it that way...

If you watched their Michigan State game a week or so ago, you could see Clary was clearly unhappy... 

On 2/18/2024 at 5:41 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

I could see us not making it out of the first weekend and I can see us making a Final Four. Just depends on the matchups like you said. If we have an off night shooting and another team is on fire, could be a quick exit. 

If you’re good enough and play to your potential, match ups shouldn’t matter.

19 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

If you’re good enough and play to your potential, match ups shouldn’t matter.

I don’t disagree but that’s part of the randomness of the tournament. We win that game last year 99 out of 100 times but we had an awful shooting night and lost. It happens. 

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

However you want to characterize it Scott... He handed Bailey the keys to the offense after Clary got injured, put D'Marco Dunn in the 2 spot and won 3 in a row... So he kept it that way...

If you watched their Michigan State game a week or so ago, you could see Clary was clearly unhappy... 

Bailey came to PSU from VCU along with the new head coach, Clary was a Shrews recruit and one of the few guys who returned from last season. So probably some bad chemistry along with the academic issues. One less small guard for the Illini to chase around tomorrow night in Rec Hall.

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t disagree but that’s part of the randomness of the tournament. We win that game last year 99 out of 100 times but we had an awful shooting night and lost. It happens. 

i wouldn't go 99% of the time you win that in the tourney.  You had glaring holes that they took advantage of.  I would say 75 times out of a 100 you win that at best. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i wouldn't go 99% of the time you win that in the tourney.  You had glaring holes that they took advantage of.  I would say 75 times out of a 100 you win that at best. 

Glaring holes they took advantage of? We gave up 61 points. They triple teamed Edey and hoped we’d shoot so poorly we’d lose and it happened. Saying 75 at best out of 100 is way off for any 16 seed versus a 1 (even one with holes like we had last year). It’d be one thing if we gave up 80 points and couldn’t stop them. We simply couldn’t hit WIDE open shots. We win that 99 times out of 100. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

55 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Glaring holes they took advantage of? We gave up 61 points. They triple teamed Edey and hoped we’d shoot so poorly we’d lose and it happened. Saying 75 at best out of 100 is way off for any 16 seed versus a 1 (even one with holes like we had last year). It’d be one thing if we gave up 80 points and couldn’t stop them. We simply couldn’t hit WIDE open shots. We win that 99 times out of 100. 

image.png.c629c201e6ec84ffd773660d1144ddbc.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I stand by my statement. Feel free to disagree

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Bailey came to PSU from VCU along with the new head coach, Clary was a Shrews recruit and one of the few guys who returned from last season. So probably some bad chemistry along with the academic issues. One less small guard for the Illini to chase around tomorrow night in Rec Hall.

Its Baldwin not Bailey