Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Geez, now a Rutgers player blocked a Maryland shot and screamed after the play and they called a Tech on him. 

This is just absurd. 

Kind of the opposite of Catlin Clark and her coach jawing at the refs almost every play and nothing happens?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Big Ten refs are the worst. Maryland kid finished a layup in traffic and yelled And 1 and the ref gave him a Tech. 

Just ridiculous. 

The Purdue/Rutgers game last week was just as bad. I’m fine with keeping egregious trash talk to a minimum, but a quick display of emotion isn’t a T. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The Purdue/Rutgers game last week was just as bad. I’m fine with keeping egregious trash talk to a minimum, but a quick display of emotion isn’t a T. 

That first T on Fernandes was awful and then the one against Heide was just as bad but had to be called to keep it even. Just atrocious offficiating. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That first T on Fernandes was awful and then the one against Heide was just as bad but had to be called to keep it even. Just atrocious offficiating. 

Those refs were being triggered faster than your average Redditor who ran out of their meds.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not me. I’ve pointed out the flaws of the average conference ratings for some time. Don’t know who y’all are. 

I've seen you use metrics quite a bit to make a point... And that's fine...

But you can't pick and choose...

And your statement about Woodson trending toward "Patrick Ewing bad" is a bit off base...

Woody would have to go 17-70 over the next 87 games to equal Ewing's futility... And Woody already has 2x the NCAA appearances Ewing had in 6 years...

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've seen you use metrics quite a bit to make a point... And that's fine...

But you can't pick and choose...

And your statement about Woodson trending toward "Patrick Ewing bad" is a bit off base...

Woody would have to go 17-70 over the next 87 games to equal Ewing's futility... And Woody already has 2x the NCAA appearances Ewing had in 6 years...

Ewing was 19-14 in year two and 15-17 in year three. He was 13-13 in year four and won the Big East tournament.  His record was above .500 after four years. It was years 5 and 6 when the collapse happened. 

IU will need to pull an upset in one of its final four games to avoid a 14-17 record, right where Ewing was in year three. So, as I said, IU is trending toward Ewing territory. 

And yes, you can pick and choose stats, based on the quality of those stats. Average conference rankings are skewed if there are one or two really bad teams such as Georgetown and DePaul in the Big East. 

I respect your opinions, even if I don’t always agree.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

How should conferences be ranked in your opinion?

Well using the Big East, as an example, nine of its eleven teams are in the NET top 64. Meaning, other than a maximum four games against DePaul and Georgetown, BE teams play a NCAAT eligible team every game. Also, they have three teams in the NET top 12. The B1G has one. 

• Like 1