B1G Football

rico

B1G commissioner should usurp any power the NCAA thinks it has by moving now to deal with Michigan.

Meanwhile, Harbaugh is preparing to act immediately if he is suspended by filing an injunction to block Pettiti from enforcing any punishment.

And, the president of UM is pushing for the conference to back down and let the NCAA investigation play out.

Finally, the conference is faced with the conundrum of heeding the demands of the majority of its members and punishing UM, thus potentially forfeiting the millions of dollars that would come with a Michigan appearance in the playoffs, or looking the other way and alienating the rest of the conference.

As the B1G Turns!

Personally, as much as I dislike/detest both PSU and OSU, I hope they both throttle Michigan. I also hope that Harbaugh is out of coaching and that the NFL does not provide refuge like it did for Pete Carroll

So the Big 10 is expecting a response from Michigan today notifying discipline or actions taken? Guess the Big 10 is saying the heck with due process. All the while no matter what Michigan does today they know they can walk into any court in Michigan and get a temporary restraining order against the Big 10 or NCAA barring them from punishment until much later. 

All Michigan wants is a way to get this thing past the CFP. After that they don't care.

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I still don't see that UM gained that big of an advantage. Or really any advantage, and there are other teams doing shit very similar. 

Hard for me to care about this. 

Ya kinda in same boat. And I highly doubt it something other teams aren’t doing. I think a lot of other BIG teams are just sick of getting waxed by Michigan so they want Harbaugh gone 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'd fine Michigan pretty substantially. That would be the extent. 

idk if any action is required.... where does it stop then? Doesn't Michigan have emails or something showing that Rutgers, OSU, and Purdue were colluding/sharing Michigan's signals? 

Michigan is not the first. Not the only. Just on the headlines.

• Like 2

Harbaugh penalty. Not allowed to be on sidelines during games for rest of the season. Can coach during the week but not during games. Release said regular season so no clue if that means playoffs too.

To me this is just dumb and the Big 10 is setting a precedent it might not want to bite off. Because if you punish Michigan....you have to punish the other schools that used the information as well? Right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Harbaugh has been suspended for 3 games by the Big Ten.

Absolute BS! Harbaugh already sat out 4 games! Curious they wait until the important games?? Reeks of collusion to me!!!

Edit: not to mention they wait until late Friday?? BS! BIG is now NCAA Light!!

Edited by Drroogh

@btownqb has basically summed up all my feelings on this one. A large fine would have been sufficient. Everyone is doing this and everyone changes their signs week to week. 
Only good can come from it is hopefully it pushes ncaa to let the qbs to go the nfl way with headsets in their helmet. Also…you know how to prevent this….how about run the play in and huddle….problem solved.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

Just now, dgambill said:

Some teams have a 4 minute offense to run the game out…Michigan has like a 10 minute offense.

They've thrown one pass in the 2nd half. They literally don't have a shred of concern that PSU can score, and that's without their head coach. 

I've said it for years, Jame Franklin is PSU's football version of Tom Crean. 

Good recruiter, rah-rah program cheerleader, but an awful game coach. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

They've thrown one pass in the 2nd half. They literally don't have a shred of concern that PSU can score, and that's without their head coach. 

I've said it for years, Jame Franklin is PSU's football version of Tom Crean. 

Good recruiter, rah-rah program cheerleader, but an awful game coach. 

That last possession…uggh I hear you…it was terrible. Horrible decision to go for it too.

James Franklin is an idiot. PSU cuts it to 9 with 2 minutes left. While yes, you're going to need a 2pt conversion at some point, why not kick the extra point to cut it to 8 and live to fight?

Note, it's the 2nd failed 2pt conversion of the day, he went for one on the first half and didn't get it. 

• Like 1