B1G Football

rico

3 hours ago, rico said:

I put that up just for you!  lol

Thanks! TVD didn't so himself any favors down the stretch this year. I won't say quitting because that's a tough word but he started talking about not playing in bowl game with 3 games to go to protect himself for next year. Plus with the portal Canes are Cam Ward hunting. Visit went really well last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks! TVD didn't so himself any favors down the stretch this year. I won't say quitting because that's a tough word but he started talking about not playing in bowl game with 3 games to go to protect himself for next year. Plus with the portal Canes are Cam Ward hunting. Visit went really well last night.

Seemed like every time I watch Van Dyke play he looked great.  Granted that I watched him very little.  But I would consider it a nice pick-up for Wiscy.

BTW, I would more than happy to discuss the 'Canes, but this is the wrong forum for that!  lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Since it’s odd that only a week is left in the portal, I bet somebody like Bama, OSU or Georgia tampered with him.  Now he just waits a couple of days to make it look good.  

From stuff on our board, it sounds like that’s exactly what happened. Our staff met with him before the holidays and all was good and it sounds like he was making/would’ve made a good amount with us. But he went home to Texas and it sounds like some tampering went down and now he jumps in the portal. This is the part of NIL that has to change IMO. And I’d say the same thing if a similar situation happened to one of your players. It’s out of control. 

And here I was excited that we landed the top corner transfer in the portal from UGA yesterday lol. The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

From stuff on our board, it sounds like that’s exactly what happened. Our staff met with him before the holidays and all was good and it sounds like he was making/would’ve made a good amount with us. But he went home to Texas and it sounds like some tampering went down and now he jumps in the portal. This is the part of NIL that has to change IMO. And I’d say the same thing if a similar situation happened to one of your players. It’s out of control. 

And here I was excited that we landed the top corner transfer in the portal from UGA yesterday lol. The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. 

From what I’ve heard, our starting QB was fielding offers from other schools during the season.  We probably shouldn’t hold our breath waiting for anyone to do anything about it.

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I agree with you.  I’m all for players doing well but let’s also not forget that this is competitive sports.  There needs to be fair play.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Aren't scholarships a one year deal anymore?  And you know these nil deals have strings attached and can be voided.  

Maybe they already exist but I'm waiting for the NIL deals with incentives to come along. Especially in football. We'll pay you X but only if we get to CFP, title game,etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe they already exist but I'm waiting for the NIL deals with incentives to come along. Especially in football. We'll pay you X but only if we get to CFP, title game,etc...

I'm guessing once your team makes it, marketing dollars come rolling along.  Idk.  One month deals instead of season long deals.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Aren't scholarships a one year deal anymore?  And you know these nil deals have strings attached and can be voided.  

What’s really annoying is those clowns spent $30 million on that 2022 recruiting class, and this kid was a four star recruit, 10 minutes from the aTm campus - and they didn’t want him !! 

• Like 1

Will throw this in here. I know we still have the title game for Michigan but take a look at their schedule next year.

Home games with Texas, USC, Oregon...road games at Washington and at Ohio St.

Granted things can change with every team but if there was a year to jump and leave the NCAA this might be the year to do it.