Immaculate Grid

rico

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

LOL.  Should have saved this one for High Score Friday,

• I likely wasn't going to get anyone other than Arrieta on Cubs no-no but was expecting it to be around 20%. It was the second square I completed, and it was a sign of things to come.  
  • For the 3rd square I did, I figured Jenkins would be about 10% on Cubs 2K.  Miscalculation again.
  • The Drabek square takes the cake.  WTH?  
  • McCutcheon was my last square, and I was in a 'Who gives a flying f@*# at that point

image.png.e384c8c18e3ae0ecf9cc7dfdc6fa283d.png

Has Pittsburgh had a 20 game winner since Drabek?

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wow….i forgot Smiley pitched for Pittsburgh, and the last time the Pirates had a 20 game winner, I was 9. 😂

The 20 game winner is going the way of the Dodo bird.  The top of the rotation guys start 32-33 games and pitch 6-7 innings per game.  Just not the opportunities there for them as it used to be.  A starter trailing 3-2 after 6 is no longer in the game long enough to get the W for that late rally to win 4-3,  

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The 20 game winner is going the way of the Dodo bird.  The top of the rotation guys start 32-33 games and pitch 6-7 innings per game.  Just not the opportunities there for them as it used to be.  A starter trailing 3-2 after 6 is no longer in the game long enough to get the W for that late rally to win 4-3,  

Oh yeah, I get that, I’m just surprised someone like Denny Neagle or Jason Schmidt didn’t squeeze one in after 1991.

110...Had a pretty good one going until I forgot Yogi Berra had played a handful of games for the Mets at the end of his career ☹️ 

And a little somber remembrance too with Steve Olin and Bob Ojeda...couldn't work Tim Crews in, but was thinking about that awful day over 30 years ago for some reason this morning...

Screenshot_20240424-062121.thumb.png.0f0c2a1ea41fddcfbb47ef06dfe4b7a1.png

Edited by IUFLA

Was on my way to a great Grid, but settled for Kent and McCovey on my last two squares.  Bottom row of Hall of Famers don't total what I got on Travis Jankowski. Only on the Grid can that happen.

image.png.9ac9f74d6279f04d7016ef4236ed6ce9.png

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1