Immaculate Grid

rico

On 3/17/2024 at 8:19 PM, 5fouls said:

It's always good to complete the grid, yet frustrating when one square totals half your score.  

image.png.75755a7ecca2d6ac3deabc6c866b27ba.png

Wonder if this one would have helped your score at all….Pirates/Twins player…Pat Mahomes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wonder if this one would have helped your score at all….Pirates/Twins player…Pat Mahomes. 

Yes.  Definitely would have scored less than Liriano.  Liriano was the most popular answer for that square.

I still got that last guess remaining, but ain't n0 way I'm going to get it.  Going to put Babe Ruth in the square just so I can see the answers.  My next post will be a list of guys I should have thought of for the square.

image.png.3d80b32e59458fade2e6096c90557b9f.png

Edited by 5fouls

As expected, Babe Ruth was not a valid answer for Marlins/Angels.

Some names I possibly could have pulled out of my ass if I thought about long enough are:

• Devon White
  • Cameron Maybin
  • Fernando Rodney

But......there is one name I actually considered and then discounted, which would have worked. Coulda, shoulda, woulda..

• Matt Moore.  

12.  I didn't even think about doing an all Reds grid until after I did the first row.  Bench for Catcher MVP would have hurt my score, but I still regret not doing it.  Geronimo getting 3% surprises me.  Thought it would have been lower than that.

image.png.3b8247cb6f60735ce8f04fa5a3dbea78.png

• Like 1

15.  Was able to complete this one fairly easily.  Give me Reds and a couple of statistical/accomplishment categories and it's a fun grid to do.  Only two squares that required any thought was the Angels/Jays and Angels/Twins.

Regarding Lyman Bostock, I vividly remember getting ready to go to school and my mom asking my dad at breakfast, if he had told me yet about the baseball player that had been killed the night before.  It's strange, because, as a baseball crazed 13 year old, I knew who Bostock was, but he played in the American League, and in the pre cable/satellite/streaming days, and being in a NL TV  market, I don't really recall ever seeing him play.  But, mom asking my dad that question, and dad telling me what happened, remains one of my most vivid memories of that time in my life. 

image.png.3b8e4d2606d035075382564622f16581.png

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

15.  Was able to complete this one fairly easily.  Give me Reds and a couple of statistical/accomplishment categories and it's a fun grid to do.  Only two squared that required any thought was the Angels/Jays and Angels/Twins.

Regarding Lyman Bostock, I vividly remember getting ready to go to school and my mom asking my dad, who was getting ready for work, if he had told me yet about the baseball player that had been killed the night before.  It's strange, because, as a baseball crazed 13 year old, I knew who Bostock was, but he played in the American League, and in the pre cable/satellite/streaming days, and being in a NL TV  market, I don't really recall ever seeing him play.  But, mom asking my dad that question, and dad telling me what happened, remains one of my most vivid memories of that time in my life. 

image.png.3b8e4d2606d035075382564622f16581.png

I have a few ABs versus Tom Underwood's brother Pat... He pitched for Kokomo IIRC. I did get a hit off of him...

There was a guy from Seymour named Winehorst that was in my mind better... I probably batted against him 15 times and I'm not sure I even got a foul ball... 

• Like 1