Immaculate Grid

rico

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My brain didn't have the energy today to give this a lot of fault.  Put Gaylord too quick on the Indians line.  Could have used him on Texas for a better score in both squares.  

image.png.e0da661ea7d8d434828f9fa59bcdc9ae.png

Did better than I did... That 3,000 K club isn't all that big, and I just flat choked...

Screenshot_20240308-181413.thumb.png.1bf3e4427b52c777be5d2b0dc1ae0faa.png

• Like 1

I really wanted a grid where I had Mays, Aaron, Cobb, and Bench that had CJ Cron as my highest score.  I would have found that to be hilarious.  But, dammit, I wracked my brain for 45 minutes and could not come up with someone other than Trout on Angels 30+ steals.  I knew that would destroy my score, but I was on track to waste my day thinking about it, so I gave up.  Of course, as soon as I come here to post, I see @IUFLAwith Bobby Bonds and I want to throw myself off a building.

image.png.98bb1ceeda945fc2c38288ea56d30909.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I really wanted a grid where I had Mays, Aaron, Cobb, and Bench that had CJ Cron as my highest score.  I would have found that to be hilarious.  But, dammit, I wracked my brain for 45 minutes and could not come up with someone other than Trout on Angels 30+ steals.  I knew that would destroy my score, but I was on track to waste my day thinking about it, so I gave up.  Of course, as soon as I come here to post, I see @IUFLAwith Bobby Bonds and I want to throw myself off a building.

image.png.98bb1ceeda945fc2c38288ea56d30909.png

I do that all the time...Look at what you or @rico put up, and curse myself for an hour for not thinking of "that player."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I do that all the time...Look at what you or @rico put up, and curse myself for an hour for not thinking of "that player."

I just checked out the official list of Angels 30+ steals, and the name that was trying to burst through from my unconsciousness the whole time was Luis Palonia.  I could see him, but my brain couldn't attach a name to him.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I just checked out the official list of Angels 30+ steals, and the name that was trying to burst through from my unconsciousness the whole time was Luis Palonia.  I could see him, but my brain couldn't attach a name to him.  

One thing about mine, I would pay good folding money to hear Harry Caray butcher his way through my 40+ homers row :D 

• Haha 1

I can't believe I struggled as much as I did with 2 of the 3 Angels squares.  It took me a long time to come up with Cron, but I figured he would only be about 10-15 percent.  Was obviously wrong there.  And then that 30+ box drove me as crazy as any single box in a long time.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I can't believe I struggled as much as I did with 2 of the 3 Angels squares.  It took me a long time to come up with Cron, but I figured he would only be about 10-15 percent.  Was obviously wrong there.  And then that 30+ box drove me as crazy as any single box in a long time.  

Hard to believe both Willie Mays and Wade Boggs scored as low as they did in the Gold Glove/200 hit club...Especially Mays...

I was pretty sure Ichiro would top that list...24%

• Like 1

@^&%@&^@

Going through the grid, I got fixated with the fact that I should have used Tejada in the Houston 300 HR square instead of the Giants/Orioles square.  So, when I went to put Berkman into what I thought was the 300 HR square, I clicked on the center square because it was adjacent to Tejada.  Wrong category, leads to blank square.    

image.png.3104218c80197f9fe68752515df6534a.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

image.png.877d46bdce1474631719e051172a9597.png

Billingham was actually my first thought on the Reds/Astros square, but I thought he would score higher than Helms because Billingham came to the Reds and got the Big Red Machine exposure.  

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

Billingham was actually my first thought on the Reds/Astros square, but I thought he would score higher than Helms because Billingham came to the Reds and got the Big Red Machine exposure.  

Those were the 2 I debated over as well...I picked Billingham simply because I had a nice conversation with him in the lobby of the Park Chase hotel in St Louis...Nice guy...

• Like 1

Looks like it was close today... Mine totaled 23...

I sometimes sacrifice score for guys I just liked... Joe Charboneau is one of those... I'd read that he pulled his own tooth with pliers and fishing line...

That deserves a box, right there 🙂

• Like 1