Immaculate Grid

rico

Rarity Score of 29....not bad for my first try.

I'm a Mets fan, so the center column was easy.  Being a Mets fan also netted me Curtis Pride (drafted) and Matt Harvey, since I remembered where they went/came from. 

Aparicio and Fox....I inherited a signed baseball from the 1959 White Sox from my dad, so I've researched quite a bit about that team.  I knew Fox came to Chicago from the A's, and that Aparicio played for Baltimore later in his career.  One of the most underrated defensive 2B-SS combinations ever. 

Pudge was the only non-obvious HOFer I could think of, and Jose Guillen was a pure guess, but he was one of those players that seemingly played for half of all MLB teams at one point or another. 

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 17-05-19 Immaculate Grid Baseball.png

• Like 2

50.  First grid in a while.  Verlander at 21% accounts for over 40% of my sc0re.  Rookie of Year is not a strong suit of mine. and the Verlander square was my last one.  I decided not to push the envelope and go with the sure thing.

image.png.b3c51cb3747007d9d96c2fb90a91e649.png

• Like 1

@IUFLA and @rico.  I was going to jump on here and tell you the grid cheated me this morning.  I had a great answer for Braves catcher and it zapped me.  I was copying the evidence to put it on here for you and realized I had put my answer in the Braves 2,000 hit box by mistake.  🤬

BTW.  My answer had a score of 0.1 in the correct box.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

@IUFLA and @rico.  I was going to jump on here and tell you the grid cheated me this morning.  I had a great answer for Braves catcher and it zapped me.  I was copying the evidence to put it on here for you and realized I had put my answer in the Braves 2,000 hit box by mistake.  🤬

BTW.  My answer had a score of 0.1 in the correct box.  

Is that you Vic Correll?

2 hours ago, rico said:

5717880D-B81B-477F-9815-2C6FC405ACBE.thumb.png.f786b2d39e417a374e11317bcfa3078d.png

Flipped that number to 21

Screenshot_20240305-105102.thumb.png.208f7f16ae481c50263984a657937995.png

Interesting we both picked Bahnsen...

I was at an Expos-Cardinals game in 81 or 82, and during BP walked down by the visitors bullpen (which at the time was down the left field line). Bahnsen was signing some autographs. I see him looking up in the stands. There was a stunning lady in a black dress standing in the aisle just above me. Bahnsen takes a ball, writes something on it (guessing hotel room number or something like that) and tells this 10 year old kid he'd just signed for to give it to the lady...

Kids runs right past her to the concourse

Heard Bahnsen say, "that little mother$#+?!$#!" 

• Haha 1

Absolutely loved today's grid.  Got a couple of local boys, Terrell from Jeffersonville, and Herman from New Albany.  A couple of ex-Reds, Bair, and Roberts, and a couple of forgotten Hall of Famers, Traynor and Herman.  Wish I could have done a little better on padres 100 RBI.  

Score=10

image.png.586657b8bad87fd4fbf83aa304dcbbfc.png

• Like 1