Ohio State Game Thread

KDB

Biggest takeaway for me this half for IU football moving forward is that they haven’t been dominated in the trenches on either side of the ball. 

IU usually has good skill guys but they just get dominated in the trenches. Very encouraging how both lines have played against the #3 team in the country. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rico said:

Let's see if those 3 points come back to haunt.

Just now, BGleas said:

Biggest takeaway for me this half for IU football moving forward is that they haven’t been dominated in the trenches on either side of the ball. 

IU usually has good skill guys but they just get dominated in the trenches. Very encouraging how both lines have played against the #3 team in the country. 

Could be they're not #3.   😂

Positives/Thoughts after 1 half (which is clearly enough for me to make full assessments lol)

Our defense looks to be noticeably better and deeper.

Offensive like has improved schematically. Not sure we have the athletes to compete with the elite teams up front. But you can see a smarter approach and discipline that we have been lacking. 

Tayven needs to be our quarterback. Let him.play and learn. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Opening drive of second half will be huge.  

The Ohio State beat writer who said that it should be a 50 point spread has to hope for one heck of a second half.  

Almost all the games so far have had 20-30 fewer plays so far…going to be hard to have those blow outs.

• Like 1

That was an incomplete pass…. Barely.

announcers are 🗑️. Keep bringing up a nonexistent targeting play.

team looks pretty good.

gotta call some ballsy plays and make some ballsy decisions to pull off this kind of upset. Onside kick, launch it on 1st down, punt on first. Whatever. Don’t get brownies by losing by less than you’re supposed to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

That was an incomplete pass…. Barely.

announcers are 🗑️. Keep bringing up a nonexistent targeting play.

team looks pretty good.

gotta call some ballsy plays and make some ballsy decisions to pull off this kind of upset. Onside kick, launch it on 1st down, punt on first. Whatever. Don’t get brownies by losing by less than you’re supposed to. 

Agreed…but I think we are playing to keep it close…not to win.