Fast Food Burgers

Drroogh

We have a thread about Chicken but today I had a sandwich worthy of starting a new thread!

Arby’s Big Game burger! Awesome!

It's "a blend of venison, elk and ground beef topped with crispy onions, tangy pickles, melty Swiss cheese and a dark cherry steak sauce,"

What’s your fast food favorite?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

We have a thread about Chicken but today I had a sandwich worthy of starting a new thread!

Arby’s Big Game burger! Awesome!

It's "a blend of venison, elk and ground beef topped with crispy onions, tangy pickles, melty Swiss cheese and a dark cherry steak sauce,"

What’s your fast food favorite?

I'll try that one... They had a Wagyu burger I thought was pretty good.

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It stands alone in my burger world... despite it's small stature, it is the TITAN of fast food burgers...

348s.jpg.d1e739e70f9331779cc81a291c779591.jpg

No pre or probiotics needed either! 

I remember a small Piggly Wiggly in GA had the jalapeño version in the freezer section. I pretty much bought their inventory!😀

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

DQ makes a decent burger? It's always been the big lots of the waste disposal world in my history,.

There is a Rally’s in town. I tried their Big Buford, once! It seemed to me they used the same kind of butcher shop trimmings that Taco Bell uses. At least Taco Bell knows how to make it taste good! Same effect though!

• Like 1

I ate at Wendy's today, as it was the only "acceptable" choice of fast food within the next 30 minutes of driving on the interstate.

$10 F-ing dollars for a single cheeseburger, fries and drink. $10 !! 

I can go to Chili's for lunch, get waited on, have a ½ lb DOUBLE cheeseburger, cooked to order fries, and a drink for far less than that...

Fast food prices are out of control. No way inflation has gone up that much. Same meal a year ago was  $6.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

There is a Rally’s in town. I tried their Big Buford, once! It seemed to me they used the same kind of butcher shop trimmings that Taco Bell uses. At least Taco Bell knows how to make it taste good! Same effect though!

I've always liked Rally's, even when I go to Mobile, there are 3 within 3 miles of my house. It's not Ruths Christ, but it usually pretty friggin good. Then again, I don't get the bad mouthing that Taco Bell usually gets around here. TB Is Authentic, not authentic Mexican, but Authentic fast food! 

I'm much like a opossum, I find appreciation, of some form, in it all ! ! :)

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I've always liked Rally's, even when I go to Mobile, there are 3 within 3 miles of my house. It's not Ruths Christ, but it usually pretty friggin good. Then again, I don't get the bad mouthing that Taco Bell usually gets around here. TB Is Authentic, not authentic Mexican, but Authentic fast food! 

I'm much like a opossum, I find appreciation, of some form, in it all ! ! :)

There’s nothing wrong with a good colon cleanse! Dr Recommend actually!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DWB said:

I ate at Wendy's today, as it was the only "acceptable" choice of fast food within the next 30 minutes of driving on the interstate.

I can go to Chili's for lunch, get waited on, have a ½ lb DOUBLE cheeseburger, cooked to order fries, and a drink for far less than that...

Fast food prices are out of control. No way inflation has gone up that much. Same meal a year ago was  $6.

Don’t forget all of the minimum wage hikes.

How are we classifying Steak N Shake and Five Guys?  I don’t consider them fast food in the classical sense, so I will leave them out. 

I like Hardee’s and even though I only get it when I have to visit my brother in law in Dallas, Whataburger. I’m fine with opening one in Bloomington to lure Liam McNeely to IU. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DWB said:

First I feel your pain, I remember the first time I went through the drive through and ordered a number 1 and it cost $10!

However, I looked up the Chili’s lunch combo Double Burger with fries. I was curious if I needed another option. Turns out it costs as you say $10! However, it does not include the drink! Drinks are listed at $3. You might realize all restaurant prices are higher and as @Naturalhoosierpointed out, the help wanted signs everywhere are driving up wages! Also at Chili’s you need to leave a tip!

Edited by Drroogh

In and Out is overrated 

Five Guys is really good but they don’t give enough fries 😂

I don’t mind a Burger King burger every once in awhile 

White Castle is an after drinking all night, soak up the booze if you eat 6 or so option. But still not as good as Powers in FW

A Big Boy Buster Burger was the bomb back in the day but the restaurant is few and far between now.

• Like 1

If I have choices, I will rarely seek out a burger from a Fast-Food joint.  I will seek out a place the specializes in a chicken sandwich, a sub place, or Arby's for roast beef before I ever find myself in a McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, etc.  used to love Wendy's, but the quality has gone down in the last 10-15 years.  

I do like 'steakburgers' at places like Freddy's (above) and Steak-n'-Shake.  

I do love ordering burgers at diners, cafes and those types of places.  you get some good ones there.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

We have both Shake Shack and In-n-Out at the Woodlands mall... both are ok... In-n-Out is much cheaper though...

Of course Whataburger rules around here, and they aren't bad... the seasonal A-1 burger and the Sweet and Spicy are actually pretty good...

Jack in the Box (which there are a lot of in Texas) is, in the immortal words of Al Czervik "low grade dog food."

Last 2 times I've went to Burger King, the bun was stale and the lettuce was really bad, so I've sworn them off...

And @Steubenhoosier is right... back when they were Frisch's Big Boy, their burgers were awesome... and if you've never had tartar sauce on a burger, you're missing out 🙂