Maryland Game Thread

KDB

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Dexter Williams may be on the horizon soon too… I haven’t heard anything lately, but if and when he comes back, he will eventually be an instant upgrade at QB as he works up to game ready. I hope we do get a chance to see him and he makes an instant positive impact…. JMO

He isn't a good passer yet

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

…he’s still an upgrade…IMO. Opposing defenses have to prepare for his quicker feet and scrambling ability… Yes his passing isn’t as good as Jackson or Sorsby, but when he’s healthy, I like our chances. That’s just me

Have no idea if he has his mobility back after those injuries 

34 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Dexter Williams may be on the horizon soon too… I haven’t heard anything lately, but if and when he comes back, he will eventually be an instant upgrade at QB as he works up to game ready. I hope we do get a chance to see him and he makes an instant positive impact…. JMO

Millen mentioned Williams during the game and seemed to hint at what might come after the two weeks before the next game.  But he didn’t seem to be confident Williams was coming back, more wondering if two weeks would be enough for him to be ready.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Flip side - Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. have figured out a way to field competitive teams. There is absolutely no reason we can't do the same. 

Kentucky has had a lot more success than us and a lot of stability. I think outside of Alabama they have the longest tenured coach in the SEC if I’m not mistaken. They also are benefiting from a very weak SEC East right now. Outside of Georgia just putrid division.

Duke and Kansas play in much weaker conferences who also have been down past few years. That all said the key has been coaching. Just much much superior coaching in those 3 spots. We will have to wait at least one more year of Allen. No body is buying out 20 million. Maybe he will do the right thing and step aside. I doubt it but he is clearly in over his head.

Edited by dgambill