2025 6'5" Joson Sanon Commits to Arizona

Reacher

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The reclass guard thing didn't work out so well for us last time, so I was happy to see this article state that this would be the appropriate class for his age. Had some brief, unpleasant flashbacks.  

• Like 1

His highlights show a complete repertoire.   Good approach with his shot.  Good laterally.   Very edgy attitude. Aggressive on D.   Would be very good with Mike Woodson.   I realize it’s highlights but you can see what kind of skills somebody has beyond whether a shot went in.  

A 6’10 center dunking on a 6’3 guy is pointless.  But a wing with good form on his shot and great lateral movement has nothing to do with a highlight and all about skill set.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Reacher said:

All right I’ll say it even though they’re highlight reels, I was never overly impressed with Boogie’s defense. This kid seems to be able to stay in front of his man!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TargaFlorio said:

The reclass guard thing didn't work out so well for us last time, so I was happy to see this article state that this would be the appropriate class for his age. Had some brief, unpleasant flashbacks.  

2024 is Sanon original class I believe.

14 hours ago, TargaFlorio said:

Noah Vonleh was a stud. It's been a positive for most teams. Two of them have worked out well for us, one hasn't. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

A couple things going on with this one. IU has been talking to him for a while after tracking him this spring/summer. There isn't an official date set for the visit yet. Multiple dates have been discussed and March 10th is one of them. Sanon also has connections to Kenya and Ya. If IU can make a push with this kid it would be a very nice addition to the 2024 class. 

wonder why they waiting till yesterday to give an official offer if they have been following him for some time now.  pushing for a 2024 spot?

57 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

wonder why they waiting till yesterday to give an official offer if they have been following him for some time now.  pushing for a 2024 spot?

I'm not sure. Sometimes official offers are just formalities. Sanon has wanted IU to recruit him seriously for a while. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...