Florida Gulf Coast Game Thread

Reacher

Just now, dgambill said:

Florida Gulf Coast has fouled on almost every possession so it’s made it a very ugly game and hard for us to get any flow going. It’s a very smart plan since we are shooting 50% from free throw line. Combine that with their shooting lots of 3s it will stay close.

Reminds me of the 1st exhibition... UIndy got after us defensively too...

Hope we come out in 5he 2nd half and execute... Our backcourt hasn't played well on offense... 

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Shooting really cooled off. After starting 6-10, we went 2-10. Add in 55% free throw shooting and getting out rebounded 26-18 and you can see why it's a close game. 

ESPN scoring shows rebounds as 20-18?  Still not great.

Edited by jv1972iu

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Not sure I totally agree, but my son's halftime comment was "Gonna be a rough year for Indiana basketball.  Everyone is selfish and can't score."  

Trying to figure out an identity. I just don’t see anyone that can take their man off dribble right now though. No one can get their own shot. Hard to generate offense.

Least stressed I've ever been to be only up two at the half in a buy game. Team looks exactly like I'd expect, like they're fitting together a lot of new pieces. Get the win and move on, but even if you don't, this season will be defined by how we play in '24, not '23. Just wanting to see flashes tonight. Seen that from Ware and Cupps, looking for more from Mgbako in the second half.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Least stressed I've ever been to be only up two at the half in a buy game. Team looks exactly like I'd expect, like they're fitting together a lot of new pieces. Get the win and move on, but even if you don't, this season will be defined by how we play in '24, not '23. Just wanting to see flashes tonight. Seen that from Ware and Cupps, looking for more from Mgbako in the second half.

Unfortunately in ‘23 we have UConn, KS, Auburn and two B1G games