Who is your IU MVP vs Florida Gulf Coast?

Reacher

IU MVP vs Florida Gulf Coast  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MVP?

• X. Johnson
    • T. Galloway
    • M. Mgbako
    • M. Reneau
    • K. Ware
    • G. Cupps
    • CJ Gunn
    • K. Banks
    • A. Walker
    • P. Sparks
    • A. Leal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2023 at 04:40 AM

Gallo played a very good game overall. High scorer, solid defense. Let the game come to him. Normally, I'd give him the MVP for this type of game, but Ware's presence at key times had a major impact on FCU. Blocked shots, got 12 rebounds. Not a huge scorer, but solid player. Malik is much more aggressive on offense and Ware much more so on Defense.

Very close between Ware and Gallo, but I gave the nudge to Ware.

44 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

loved Cupps, but kinda confused on people voting him as MVP of the game.  sometimes i think people confuse MVP with most pleasant surprise of the game.  

Agreed.  In this case, a lot of fans have been touting Cupps even before he stepped on the floor for the first time.  When he did well, it validates their belief and clouds the contributions of other.  Ware, Galloway, and Johnson are all more deserving of a MVP vote for this game.   

• Like 1

Everybody has their own definition of MVP. Mine is: "do we win the game without him?"

From my cheap seat, it was Ware, with the And-one award to Gallo. 

Cupps was good, but MVP? No way. I'm sure he'll grow into MVP material sooner than later, but not last night.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DWB said:

Everybody has their own definition of MVP. Mine is: "do we win the game without him?"

From my cheap seat, it was Ware, with the And-one award to Gallo. 

Cupps was good, but MVP? No way. I'm sure he'll grow into MVP material sooner than later, but not last night.

Okay voting for Ware is the easy vote, Seems to also be easy for some to slam voting Cupps, but I’m going to defend my vote. Ware was a consistent force throughout the game but IU was still losing! Let that sink in? Cupps was put in to not just defend the point of attack but also to initiate the attack. The entire complexion of the game changed!

• Like 2

I voted aware because the stats are concrete and without Payton we lose without Ware.

But Cupps had things you can’t measure that turned the tied. And it seemed everyone raised their game as he did.

I can’t fathom a freshman becoming a key leader on a team but we’ll have to see. Watching body language I sense Ware looks at Cupps already as a leader for him at least.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

I voted aware because the stats are concrete and without Payton we lose without Ware.

But Cupps had things you can’t measure that turned the tied. And it seemed everyone raised their game as he did.

I can’t fathom a freshman becoming a key leader on a team but we’ll have to see. Watching body language I sense Ware looks at Cupps already as a leader for him at least.

I was surprised there weren't more pnrs with X and Ware. Cupps did a good job getting the ball to ware in the post. I think Cupps knows Ware is the ticket to a lot of assists.

• Like 2

I picked Ware as my MVP, but I think Galloway is honorable mention. Did everything we could have asked from him in this game. Absolutely LOVED his hustle getting the offensive rebound and then connecting on the floater to keep that run going in the 2nd half. Cupps and Reneau were great, but Galloway is my honorable mention. 

Edited by JaybobHoosier

15 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I picked aware as my MVP, but I think Galloway is honorable mention. Did everything we could have asked from him in this game. Absolutely LOVED his hustle getting the offensive rebound and then connecting on the floater to keep that run going in the 2nd half. Cupps and Reneau were great, but Galloway is my honorable mention. 

Such a politician.

Can't just pick your guy and stick to your guns. You gotta list 4 names and semi-hedge your bets.  

Jaybob's mvp...

The starting 5, with the 2nd five a close 2nd.

Oh, and honorable mention to the bench mob, they were on point.  😜😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/7/2023 at 8:52 PM, NCHoosier32 said:

loved Cupps, but kinda confused on people voting him as MVP of the game.  sometimes i think people confuse MVP with most pleasant surprise of the game.  

We can disagree, but I think Cupps was THE momentum changer in the 2nd half.  MVP isn't always about stats on the sheet.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

We can disagree, but I think Cupps was THE momentum changer in the 2nd half.  MVP isn't always about stats on the sheet.

Yeah, I voted for Cupps too. Not because I was trying to justify anything. 

I voted for him because FGCU was on a 10-0 run and had taken a 6 or 8 point lead (can't remember) and the game was slipping away. 

Woodson put Cupps in and his defense directly sparked a 14-0 run and got us back in control of the game. His defensive intensity got XJ and Galloway re-engaged on that end, got us in transition and then helped change our offensive flow. 

Obviously voting for Ware or Galloway is completely reasonable and probably better choices for MVP, but IMO Cupps changed the game in a way that got us back in it at a crucial time that also makes it reasonable to vote for him. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I voted for Cupps too. Not because I was trying to justify anything. 

I voted for him because FGCU was on a 10-0 run and had taken a 6 or 8 point lead (can't remember) and the game was slipping away. 

Woodson put Cupps in and his defense directly sparked a 14-0 run and got us back in the game. His defensive intensity got XJ and Galloway re-engaged on that end, got us in transition and then helped change our offensive flow. 

Obviously voting for Ware or Galloway is completely reasonable, but IMO Cupps changed the game in a way that got us back in it at a crucial time that also makes it reasonable to vote for him. 

I remember when Galloway was that player who would come off the bench and put some life into the team through pure effort. It's valuable to have that kind of guy.

• Like 2