Wright State Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Guys.... all things aside. We are obviously young and unproven. However, really feel we will be looking back to the beginning of the year and as to how much we have improved. It may not happen fast, but with our rich coaching resume and talent, I looking forward to a pretty fun year. Coach Woodson and Co. will eventually get this "machine"  well oiled... JMO. 

GO IU!

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 6

I really don’t care who’s playing for the other team. At this point it’s more about process for me. We’ll still be able to tell if there are miscommunications on defense leading to open shooters or missed block outs. It’s not like Army needed great players to show we have a bunch of areas that need improved.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean that is only going to be a talking point for a max of three days anyway. 

Yep. I'm not worried about the competition at all this early on. I want to see what we do to counter or more importantly see what our players do. Game 3 and I expect to see some subtle changes but I believe that's Coach just trying things.

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah, I don't think Calvin being out helps the Hoosiers at all.  Just means we can continue to play like crap and still win.  This team needed to be pushed before they get bullied on Sunday. 

And if we get bullied on Sunday it doesn't mean much. 4 games in and all. Right?

1 hour ago, Kdug said:

I really don’t care who’s playing for the other team. At this point it’s more about process for me. We’ll still be able to tell if there are miscommunications on defense leading to open shooters or missed block outs. It’s not like Army needed great players to show we have a bunch of areas that need improved.

Amen to this. That's all I care about is us....never the other right now.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A 25-point loss to UConn will have significantly more impact on our fate in March than a 25-point win against Wright State will.  

All good. Just disagree. Nothing to me is significant until February....and after last year this staff deserves a good credit rating. Just me though. Others like  yourself see it differently. Again...all good.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

All good. Just disagree. Nothing to me is significant until February....and after last year this staff deserves a good credit rating. Just me though. Others like  yourself see it differently. Again...all good.

I'm in no way criticizing the staff.  We're not playing well.  that's the only message I am trying to present.  

• Like 1