Louisville Post Game Thread

KDB

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Why do you think I start the pre-game threads? To start a referendum on Mike Woodson or how poorly we're playing?

I'd prefer talk about matchups, hear if someone has seen the other team or their players play, ect... Talk about the game rather than forecasting how badly we'll play...

I'd never say anything to anyone on this board that I wouldn't say to their face... The anonymity of the internet seemingly gives license to people saying whatever they want, whenever they want...

Not the way I roll... 

I don't really know what to tell you. Hopefully the team gets better and plays a lot better so that the commentary gets more positive. 

The commentary isn't always going to be tailored to a specific narrative or individuals preference. 

• Like 1

Guys, it’s a message board. If everyone wanted to live in a utopian society and agree on everything there would be no message board. Stop policing others on how they should post. Nobody is doing it to you. Frankly, this is the least negative message board out there. If you can’t handle that people criticize or are frustrated, or god forbid says their favorite team “sucks” when they’re playing poorly then I don’t know what to tell you. That’s sports and fandom. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Guys it’s a message board. If everyone wanted to live in a utopian society and agree on everything there would be no message board. Stop policing others on how they should post. Nobody is doing it to you. Frankly, this is the least negative message board out there. If you can’t handle that people criticize or are frustrated, or god forbid says their favorite team “sucks” when they’re playing poorly then I don’t know what to tell you. That’s sports and fandom. 

....and most of us want it to stay that way. JMO

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It wasn't on a dead sprint though... XJ threw it when CJ was on a dead sprint, then CJ slowed down for no reason at all. 

13:35... CJ goes and gets alligator arms and slows down... only reason it looked like he over threw him. 

14:28 How the hell is that a shooting foul? I'm not sure it's a foul at all, but there could be some contact as he goes across the lane, but that was border line on the floor in the NBA.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It wasn't on a dead sprint though... XJ threw it when CJ was on a dead sprint, then CJ slowed down for no reason at all. 

13:35... CJ goes and gets alligator arms and slows down... only reason it looked like he over threw him. 

CJ got his order of operations out of wack. Job #1 CATCH THE BALL, everything else after that. CJ planned shooting position first. I know that #1 &2 kind of run in parallel but #1 MUST be the priority. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

....and most of us want it to stay that way. JMO

I don’t think anyone is trying to troll or make it worse…. We’re all IU fans and long time posters (decade +) going back to previous sites. I actually think the last couple of weeks has been some of the most educating and respectful dialogue we’ve had (despite the team playing poorly) Nothing that bad has been said…

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Didn't CRMK listen to his team in 81' when they were begging Knight to take the shakles off of Isaih and let him do what he does? If I recall, that was the turning point in that season that ended so well.

Seems I remember Coach responding to the question of bringing George Raveling on as his assistant for the Olympic team. It went something like ‘why would I need someone who agrees with me?’

Kaleb Banks still can't shoot or dribble.  Crazy impressive stat line though.  

25 mins- 4p 3a 8r 3s 3b ... 0 turnovers 

I thought the play at the end of the first half was crazy big. 5pt swing.. we'd played better than "up 5 at the half"... truly could have been a different game if CJ Gunn doesn't slow down and converts. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My entire 'What The Numbers Say' thread is intended to foster that type of dialogue.  Yet, instead of participating in the conversation, maybe even finding some numbers that countered what I posted, you simply took a weak swipe at it, lumping it in with your negativity theme, presumably because it painted a picture you did not want to see.  It's almost like you want/expect everyone on the board to see things exactly like you do.  If we all agreed, it would be a pretty boring board.  Heck, I've argued the exact opposite of what I truly believe on a topic a time or to just to spice the board up when we got too comfortable.  

I don't expect that at all... But shoveling dirt on a warm body, especially with as many kids as we have in new roles is irritating to me... Happened last year too, but of course when people are proven wrong it's simply dismissed... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

24-30 from the line... outside of Sparks

I was impressed with Sparks, but honestly I was expecting this kind of play from him at some point. I think he is only going to get better. One of the things I love the most about Sparks is his extreme gratitude and blessed opportunity to be playing for his dream school, IU! That alone can take your game to a different level.... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

I was impressed with Sparks, but honestly I was expecting this kind of play from him at some point. I think he is only going to get better. One of the things I love the most about Sparks is his extreme gratitude and blessed opportunity to be playing for his dream school, IU! That alone can take your game to a different level.... 

That block was pretty cool. 

Do that in front of our student section and they'd go nuts! 

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't expect that at all... But shoveling dirt on a warm body, especially with as many kids as we have in new roles is irritating to me... Happened last year too, but of course when people are proven wrong it's simply dismissed... 

I dont think you're really proving anyone wrong though. 

The commentary is basically:

You: The building is burning. Leave it to the fire fighters. They'll figure it out. 

Many others: The building is burning, what they're doing to save it isn't working. If they do X, Y, and/or Z they can save the building, etc.

Fire fighters try some things and they work and the building gets saved. 

The "Many Others" aren't wrong. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't really know what to tell you. Hopefully the team gets better and plays a lot better so that the commentary gets more positive. 

The commentary isn't always going to be tailored to a specific narrative or individuals preference. 

To your point, I don’t really know what to tell you? When multiple posters including a MOD get opinionated about one poster having a different opinion?

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

This is not a knock at any other player.  But, of the kids that actually play, I think it means more to be a Hoosier to Sparks than it does anyone else.  He gives off that vibe more than any player I can think of in the last 20-25 years.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

To your point, I don’t really know what to tell you? When multiple posters including a MOD get opinionated about one poster having a different opinion?

I mean, the opinion we're pushing back on is the opinion that we shouldn't be discussing what's happening with the team and what we're seeing. 

If we can't discuss that then what are we even doing here?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I dont think you're really proving anyone wrong though. 

The commentary is basically:

You: The building is burning. Leave it to the fire fighters. They'll figure it out. 

Many others: The building is burning, what they're doing to save it isn't working. If they do X, Y, and/or Z they can save the building, etc.

Fire fighters try some things and they work and the building gets saved. 

The "Many Others" aren't wrong. 

You know, I respect you, and your opinion on many things...

But that's not even a valid example... People saying we're not finishing .500 when we did (by a lot) is simply pointing out the truth...

I make predictions occasionally... I like to forecast the Big 10 and the players I think can take a leap to the next level, and I've been wrong (Andre Curbelo anyone?)... I'll own that...

But I do base it on more than a 4 game (or even 16 game, which was where we were after PSU) sample... 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I mean, the opinion we're pushing back on is the opinion that we shouldn't be discussing what's happening with the team and what we're seeing. 

If we can't discuss that then what are we even doing here?

He’s not allowed to have an opinion that he’s not comfortable with the general opinions??