Louisville Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, ForHumanity said:

He's just saying if it wasn't mentioned by someone, he would not have gone zone. Where does the overruled come into the conversation?

Who has the last word?

The head coach does... If someone mentioned it, fine... But the kids aren't playing it unless Woody says to... Just another flaccid attempt to paint Woody as incompetent 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So you think someone "overruled" Woody, do ya?

😂😂😂 

He's the head coach... He makes the decisions... 

All you have to do is listen to, or read the transcript of, his presser. He fully admitted it wasn’t him that made the call. He didn’t take credit for it, but you’re giving the credit to him? That’s leadership 101. Give credit to your people, be vulnerable, admit your faults, and utilize the strengths of your people to elevate yourself and everyone around you. Thankfully, someone spoke up and made the call. That person gets the credit turning the game around and ultimately leading the team to victory, not Woody. Woody gets the credit for surrounding himself with smart people.

Edited by IndyHoosier
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, IndyHoosier said:

If you’re referring to going zone, no, Woody didn’t make that call. Said someone else mentioned it in the huddle and they went with it. Woody is still a liability 

Then I still take this as a positive.  I've spent many years coaching and the best HC's listen not only to their assistants, but also to their players.  It shows me the lines of communication are open and Woody is listening.  It shows he has trust in the guys in the huddle.  All of these are strengths and positive traits.  As others have said, it's still his call to make, but there is nothing about this decision that can be construed as negative.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"We suck" and "we stink" are opinions?

🤔

I don't recall either one of those word being used by anybody, except maybe one of the trolls.  What I recall is people saying we were playing poorly, which, up until tonight, was absolutely true.  

If you want to go find where one of those two words were used, feel free to prove me wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Who has the last word?

The head coach does... If someone mentioned it, fine... But the kids aren't playing it unless Woody says to... Just another flaccid attempt to paint Woody as incompetent 

Again, you have missed the point completely. Take a breath and breath. Where does the last word fit into this conversation?

The zone doesn't happen if someone didn't bring it up. Kuddos to that person and Kuddos for Woody to agree!

Answer this: Does Woody go zone if that person kept his mouth shut?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

He's just saying if it wasn't mentioned by someone, he would not have gone zone. Where does the overruled come into the conversation?

Correct, had that someone not bro if got it up, it never happens, and the team loses the game. So again, credit goes to that person, not woody. Glad he listened, alarmed he didn’t see it with own eyes.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I have mixed feelings on that one, but hopefully they can build on the positives from it.

Beat Harvard.

Split with Michigan and Maryland.

Beat the three remaining cupcakes.

and most importantly, figure out how to channel the things we do have in our favor so we can manage a competitive Big Ten season as we roll into January.

Don’t be bringing negativity into this thread 😂. Our problems were all solved tonight with a win over a bad Louisville team. You should be ecstatic! 

In all seriousness, the decision to go zone was a great decision, as Louisville is almost as bad as us from 3. Saw some positives from guys off the bench that we NEED contributions from. Still can’t shoot, Mgbako has a lot of work to do, and plenty other shortcomings, but glad we got the win. Kids could have quit with 8 minutes to go and didn’t. 

Oh, props to Walker. Been extremely tough on him, but he had a solid game. As did Banks and Sparks. Big time energy off the bench. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

No, he gave his opinion that this was what happened. What he did state was that CMW is a liability, and if I want to take his tact, I’d say he was inferring that Woodson is incapable of making that kind of in game adjustments 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Don’t be bringing negativity into this thread 😂. Our problems were all solved tonight with a win over a bad Louisville team. You should be ecstatic! 

In all seriousness, the decision to go zone was a great decision, as Louisville is almost as bad as us from 3. Saw some positives from guys off the bench that we NEED contributions from. Still can’t shoot, Mgbako has a lot of work to do, and plenty other shortcomings, but glad we got the win. Kids could have quit with 8 minutes to go and didn’t. 

Oh, props to Walker. Been extremely tough on him, but he had a solid game. Nice spark. As did Banks and Sparks. 

This is about where I’m at. I also liked that we got out and ran more, and loved 18 assists on 24 FG. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't recall either one of those word being used by anybody, except maybe one of the trolls.  What I recall is people saying we were playing poorly, which, up until tonight, was absolutely true.  

If you want to go find where one of those two words were used, feel free to prove me wrong.

Screenshot_20231120-183619.png

I couldn't quote it because the game thread was locked

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Page 9 of the Louisville game thread you'll find a we stink post. @IUFLA posted this one above.

Page 2 of your by the numbers thread you'll find we suck. 

It's a slow night so I couldn't help myself but look. Now I only searched the last 24 hrs so there could be more. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IndyHoosier said:

Correct, had that someone not bro if got it up, it never happens, and the team loses the game. So again, credit goes to that person, not woody. Glad he listened, alarmed he didn’t see it with own eyes.

Just gonna say this now. You had some red flag troll posts in the game thread that we didn’t approve. You can look back and guess which I’m talking about. You can give constructive criticism without bashing players and Woodson. I believe you’ve already been warned on this. Just a reminder.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

Again, you have missed the point completely. Take a breath and breath. Where does the last word fit into this conversation?

The zone doesn't happen if someone didn't bring it up. Kuddos to that person and Kuddos for Woody to agree!

Answer this: Does Woody go zone if that person kept his mouth shut?

I didn't miss anything... "At the end of the day, Mile Woodson makes the decisions." 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDB said:

Just gonna say this now. You had some red flag troll posts in the game thread that we didn’t approve. You can look back and guess which I’m talking about. You can give constructive criticism without bashing players and Woodson. I believe you’ve already been warned on this. Just a reminder.

X 1,000

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't miss anything... "At the end of the day, Mile Woodson makes the decisions." 

Yes, and his decision to listen to someone else, someone with apparently a better eye than his for today’s game, is what won the game. Thankfully he deferred to that someone, which allowed the team to win. 

14 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Page 9 of the Louisville game thread you'll find a we stink post. @IUFLA posted this one above.

Page 2 of your by the numbers thread you'll find we suck. 

It's a slow night so I couldn't help myself but look. Now I only searched the last 24 hrs so there could be more. 

Thanks,

I'm trying to avoid game threads when possible this season.  Don't find them to be productive and I enjoy the games more when I'm just watching.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I feel like it too... All the negativity... I love when the kids and Woody shove it up sideways... At the 7 minute mark the ones who threw themselves on the bed sobbing missed a good finish 🙂

I for one appreciated having my negativity shoved up my rear end. I had lost hope when we were down 7. 

Additionally, @SawatchHoosier assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions made in the Indiana Vs Louisville Game Thread. The information contained in on that thread is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness. 

• Haha 2