Louisville Post Game Thread

KDB

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hmm… that Woodson guy that folks droned on about as not being able to coach made the decision that turned a loss into a victory. And that Walker guy who many said should never get off the bench was an integral part of this win.

Great bounce back win. 

If you’re referring to going zone, no, Woody didn’t make that call. Said someone else mentioned it in the huddle and they went with it. Woody is still a liability 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

You feeling like aggravating people tonight? Why poke around when it was so annoying to you the other day?

I feel like it too... All the negativity... I love when the kids and Woody shove it up sideways... At the 7 minute mark the ones who threw themselves on the bed sobbing missed a good finish 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just got done watching my recording of game.  Haven't read a single post here yet, but wanted to share my thoughts.

• Shout out to the coaches for going zone.  Game-winning move.
  • Major kudos to the bench guys, especially Sparks, Walker, and Banks.  We don't win without their production and energy.
  • Yes, it was just Louisville, but I am generally pleased with how we played.  had the lapse in that stretch in the 2nd half, but showed a lot of grit and determination to come back and finish it off.
  • A lot of balance on offense, which was great to see.  By far our best team performance on the offensive end. 
  • Still discouraging 3-point shooting.  I was trying to remember late in the game if we had even made one and then they flashed up the 1-11 graphic.   
  • I'm going to give my MVP vote to one of the 3 bench guys.  Just don't know which one yet.
  • Like 2

I have mixed feelings on that one, but hopefully they can build on the positives from it.

Beat Harvard.

Split with Michigan and Maryland.

Beat the three remaining cupcakes.

and most importantly, figure out how to channel the things we do have in our favor so we can manage a competitive Big Ten season as we roll into January.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just got done watching my recording of game.  Haven't read a single post here yet, but wanted to share my thoughts.

• Shout out to the coaches for going zone.  Game-winning move.
  • Major kudos to the bench guys, especially Sparks, Walker, and Banks.  We don't win without their production and energy.
  • Yes, it was just Louisville, but I am generally pleased with how we played.  had the lapse in that stretch in the 2nd half, but showed a lot of grit and determination to come back and finish it off.
  • A lot of balance on offense, which was great to see.  By far our best team performance on the offensive end. 
  • Still discouraging 3-point shooting.  I was trying to remember late in the game if we had even made one and then they flashed up the 1-11 graphic.   
  • I'm going to give my MVP vote to one of the 3 bench guys.  Just don't know which one yet.

Should be Banks.  Check his stat line.

Just now, IUFLA said:

I feel like it too... All the negativity... I love when the kids and Woody shove it up sideways... At the 7 minute mark the ones who threw themselves on the bed sobbing missed a good finish 🙂

That’s unfortunate that some can’t accept others opposing opinions and take such silly things so personal.

I’m sure everyone is happy for the win. Let’s not act like we shouldn’t have won that gave however. They are a really bad ball club right now. We squeaked one out at the end. That’s not exactly shoving something sideways I wouldn’t think.

None the less. I’ve got an early appt. Gnite for real this time.

• Like 6

Just now, jv1972iu said:

Should be Banks.  Check his stat line.

Have not looked at the box yet.  But, that is where I was leaning.  He was the one in their at crunch time and I saw a lot of authoritative boards, a block, a couple of deflections.  Didn't find the basket late in the game, but contributed everywhere else.

I thought we got a lot of positive contributions from the bench. They obviously gave a much needed boost to scoring today, especially Walker and Sparks. But Walker and Banks were great on the boards, which I thought was huge for a team that’s been struggling to rebound.

We really need Malik to stay out of foul trouble. He’s such an efficient scorer that he basically forces the defense to double him. He needs to get much better as a passer, but if he does he could be a huge weapon on offense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

That's a hard call to ask a Sr to come off the bench. His role has changed from last year and he needs to find his new role and get comfy with it. adjustments like that will take a little time to find. He'll pull through.

I’m pulling for him, but Gunn could put some pressure on him, and that’s a good thing.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, IndyHoosier said:

If you’re referring to going zone, no, Woody didn’t make that call. Said someone else mentioned it in the huddle and they went with it. Woody is still a liability 

So you think someone "overruled" Woody, do ya?

😂😂😂 

He's the head coach... He makes the decisions...