Potential HC Candidates

KDB

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t know who has Suite 4, but I know often times boosters can be wrong even if we take it at face value that this person is saying it’s Frye. 

You mean like the time boosters were convinced Stevens was going to say yes. Some boosters do tend to put the cart in front of the horse so to speak. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Some here seem to think IU needs to make a splashy hire to generate immediate interest in the program. I think it needs to find someone who can build a consistent winning program. This is a 4-5 year process, not a quick fix situation. 

Then they need someone who has done that before.

17 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

You mean like the time boosters were convinced Stevens was going to say yes. Some boosters do tend to put the cart in front of the horse so to speak. 

Some of them just assume their money is going to get them whatever they want.

1 hour ago, IUProfessor said:

Some here seem to think IU needs to make a splashy hire to generate immediate interest in the program. I think it needs to find someone who can build a consistent winning program. This is a 4-5 year process, not a quick fix situation. 

Kansas and Duke wasn’t a 4-5 year process, absolutely no reason with the transfer portal IU can’t do it faster no matter who the coach is, splashy or not.  Let’s hold the next staff to higher expectations.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Kansas and Duke wasn’t a 4-5 year process, absolutely no reason with the transfer portal IU can’t do it faster no matter who the coach is, splashy or not.  Let’s hold the next staff to higher expectations.

Let’s hold the admin to higher expectations 

10 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Kansas and Duke haven't proven that their success is sustainable yet. Allen had a couple big seasons early too, and we all saw how that turned out.

3 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Kansas and Duke haven't proven that their success is sustainable yet. Allen had a couple big seasons early too, and we all saw how that turned out.

DeBoer at Fresno St.  not a big program but propelled him to Washington and success there.  Not saying it would be easy but 4-5 years, really?!

One of my relatives knows a low level booster at IU. He said that Scott Dolson is way more tight lipped and quiet than Fred Glass was. His inner circle is pretty small and apparently he won't leak anything to boosters. So I figure that anything people are saying is probably false. Even Rabjohns and Osterman are having a hard time getting any info.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Got it thanks for info! With that being said Doeren has ties to Midwest and is from Kansas. He would be a great hire IMO

Yeah could totally be a good way to mask an interview also.  Would be worth a conversation for sure.  I would rather IU do due diligence on this hire as I think it’s at a critical time with the growth of the BIG