Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Can anyone zoom in on the papers to see who we are going after?

The time stamp was the main reason I was posting it. I understand you were just being funny, but coach Cig said he'd be here at 5AM getting to work in a constant battle against complacency. Day by day! 

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The time stamp was the main reason I was posting it. I understand you were just being funny, but coach Cig said he'd be here at 5AM getting to work in a constant battle against complacency. Day by day! 

A comment on Twitter said that on the notepad, zoomed in, it says: see if Payton Sparks can play football. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

A comment on Twitter said that on the notepad, zoomed in, it says: see if Payton Sparks can play football. LOL. 

Did you see that? Man I zoomed in and have a hard time believing they can make anything out. 

BUT--- there are a plethora of examples of basketball players that would help us on a football field. Lots of guys. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did you see that? Man I zoomed in and have a hard time believing they can make anything out. 

BUT--- there are a plethora of examples of basketball players that would help us on a football field. Lots of guys. 

No - it was a joke. His handwriting is worse than mine...and that's saying something. 

• Like 1

So how does this hire feel different to everyone.  I have seen some post about this but wanted to get the gut feel.  I can see how it feels different that Allen but not sure on the Wilson front.  He seemed like a guy that could come in and make the right moves, but I never seen it IMO.  

I feel good about this one but can't put my finger on it though.

5 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

So how does this hire feel different to everyone.  I have seen some post about this but wanted to get the gut feel.  I can see how it feels different that Allen but not sure on the Wilson front.  He seemed like a guy that could come in and make the right moves, but I never seen it IMO.  

Wilson took over an AWFUL situation. Allen left IU in a significantly better spot than Lynch. 

Hard for me to compare it all. 

I would argue we for sure saw it under Wilson, but his stupidity negated the chance to for him to continue to build. Wilson was bringing in some talent. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Wilson had an incident in McNutt the first day on the job from what I recall, which may have soured some.

CCC probably also gave people more of the bob knight vibe with his abrasiveness to the media that many seem to appreciate. 

Wilson wasn't quite as self promoting from what I recall and CCC has a ready made staff and head coaching history to somewhat back up the bravado.

And CCC gets the benefit of the portal to fill up his roster immediately.

4 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

I feel the same way about CCC as when we hired Deboer.  The more you look into his resume, the more you realize he just keeps winning.

• Like 5

On 12/4/2023 at 6:32 PM, rogue3542 said:

I feel the same way about CCC as when we hired Deboer.  The more you look into his resume, the more you realize he just keeps winning.

I'm playing the Devil's advocate here....It's hard for me to wrap my head around seeing IU go from a bottom dweller to a team with a winning record. It's been this way for so long, with so many different coaches. What is so different and special about Coach Cignetti? I'm sure there are current IU players and IU portal players that feel that way too. 

I am all in on what Coach Cignetti is bringing. He's not going to change the way he does things, just because it's the mighty BIGTEN. If anything, IMO, he wants to "shock the world"  on how we're going to see IU next year and in the future. I'm sure he's heard how bad IU has been for decades and how many coaches have vowed to turn the program around and failed.

Coach Cig is not the soft, fuzzy and sensitive coach we are used seeing and that may turn some fans and players off. However, his commitment to a consistent plan, method and style of coaching as well as playing has been obvious. It will take time, energy and effort to build what he wants and is accustomed to. I can't wait to see he has in store for IU.

GO IU!

• Like 1