Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I like the hire can anyone update information on what type offense and defense he likes to run and maybe some stats with it?

I read on another site--- 4-3 Cov 2

Offensively, they did a lot... but with balance. 2 RBs- 600 yards+, 2 WRs- 1000 yards each. The details of the offense, not sure, probably gunna watch JMU vs. UVA today though. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I read on another site--- 4-3 Cov 2

Offensively, they did a lot... but with balance. 2 RBs- 600 yards+, 2 WRs- 1000 yards each. The details of the offense, not sure, probably gunna watch JMU vs. UVA today though. 

Sounds like they stop the run and rush the passer quite well. They have a guy with 15.5 sacks so if he has any eligibility left I hope he would transfer to IU

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I like the hire can anyone update information on what type offense and defense he likes to run and maybe some stats with it?

Best article I could find.  I don't think he's married to one approach.  Probably why he wins consistently.  He is flexible and adaptable.  Son of a coach, a lifer, and coaches up players like nobody's business.

https://www.dnronline.com/sun_belt_extra/inside-cignetti-s-quarterback-influences-ability-to-develop/article_994b03b7-dbbc-59e9-96fb-c01f1d2e6d65.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1