Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I just saw that pop up in my feed.  Diamond was responding to someone who posted that and said, "Hey, glad so many of you liked that but I actually got in trouble for it."  He is still pretty supportive of IU and makes that clear further down, he thinks the school needed to do some things to help the program though.  Pretty interesting read through if you click on that and have a Twitter account so you can see everything.

Such an absurd thing to get in any trouble for. 

• Like 2

I am assuming all will keep same positions they had but at higher salaries here.

Either JMU isn't wanting to promote from within or IU is out-spending them to steal more of their staff (or his assistants just believe in him so much they want to follow along)

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

Love this. Guessing IU will steal some value from JMU in terms of players. If IU can keep a good mixture of the portal guys mixed with some of the JMU talent… I don’t see why IU can’t win 6+ next year. 

I have looked at our schedule consistently over the past 10-15 years, and each year I have the same thought. “No reason we can’t win 6+”…and, almost every year, we don’t. I’ve just been so beaten down by the program over the years that I’ll have to see the evidence before I can reliably predict such things again. I am really hoping the tide turns in our favor this time. 

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm getting to type this. After reading about Coach Cignetti, his background, the guys he coached/developed into NFL, ties to Bama/Saban and what he's done at every step of the way I finally can say this. 

If he doesn't have success here then it's IU's fault. Whatever needs to be done by fans, donors, administration, NIL, etc....this guy has won everywhere so if it doesn't happen here it's on IU. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I like that he is planning on bringing OC, DC, and QB coach with him. There might be some more staff coming as well but that'll need to play out a little more. I'm still hoping Bostad returns too. 

Isn't the JMU D-line coach an IU guy? I would be surprised if he doesn't come as well. 

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't believe I'm getting to type this. After reading about Coach Cignetti, his background, the guys he coached/developed into NFL, ties to Bama/Saban and what he's done at every step of the way I finally can say this. 

If he doesn't have success here then it's IU's fault. Whatever needs to be done by fans, donors, administration, NIL, etc....this guy has won everywhere so if it doesn't happen here it's on IU. 

Kevin Wilson took OSU to overtime as I recall.  Allen got within a TD another time.

Odds we break through against OSU during CCC’s tenure?

I am calling that he gets at least one win against each of OSU, UM and PSU during his tenure.  

Step one.  Don’t fear it and embrace it.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We very well may have just hired "THE"  actual diamond in the rough folks.... It's been proclaimed several times that Coach Cignetti is one of the most, if not the most underrated, coach with a winning record out there......

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

We very well may have just hired "THE"  actual diamond in the rough folks.... It's been proclaimed several times that Coach Cignetti is one of the most, if not the most underrated, coach with a winning record out there......

Honestly if you take away built in advantages but simply focus on coaching, CCC ranks pretty high in the B1G.  Would only take a few guys over him for our particular job.  

• Like 3